OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cody Calls

Started by roosterstraw, February 12, 2022, 05:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roosterstraw

I've been thinking about picking up a Cody call. I'm not sure how long his wait list are but for the people who have had them, how much of a difference is there in his expensive slate calls vs the woodsmans and Cody ii slate series?

callmakerman

I'll say this one thing as others have different opinions and we all have a sound we're listening for. If you want a really good call to hunt without breaking the bank, get a Cody II. To me it sounds great and really doesn't sound any different than the world class or spec 1 other than the extra money jingling in your pocket. Not even sure if they are up and running yet in the new building so ordering could take a while. JMO

skimerhorn

I have a world class and a woodsman drop dead. Both are good but the world class is something special

Tom007

My Spec I is probably my best pot call along with my Platz Maple Slate. When I can't get a bird to gobble, this comes out and wala, he sounds off. It really is a special pot....it's been the demise of many weary Toms....
"Solo hunter"

wchadw

My world class is my go to pot call. Birds seem to love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

I gave a Woodsman Drop Dead I won to a buddy's son and was an awful good sounding call, I have been hunting CODY Calls and retired my World Class Slate after 25 years, that call now sits on a display I made. A friend of mine bought me a SPEC1 Legend Slate and thought how any call could be better than my World Class, well Bill did it with this one! It was custom made for me and it has been death on turkeys. It does have a higher top end and more rasp than the WC had. The call never leaves my pack.

I have quite a history with my calls & CODY! Those would be on the top of my list,

https://www.facebook.com/FanaticTurkeyDisplays/

MK M GOBL

jordanz7935

I have a cody II and the drop dead slate. Both great sounding slate calls. Ive had great luck with them in the woods. Ive never played the spec1 or world class calls, but have heard some soundfiles and they sound pretty darn good to my ear. Those calls have a legendary reputation. They are pretty pricey, but i will own one someday.   Hopefully they get back up and running again soon. 

RiverBuck

Hard to beat that display.

Yoder409

You won't be disappointed in ANY call with the Cody brand on it.

They make some pretty impressive box calls, as well.  Bill and Debbie are good folk and I'd feel good about giving my money to them for a call.  I have a few Cody calls.  I generally carry a call I made myself.  So I don't hunt the Codys.  But, a call Bill signed and gave me over 30 years ago is one of the more prized pieces in my call accumulation.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

3bailey3

What would you guys call this one?

3bailey3

wchadw

Quote from: roosterstraw on February 12, 2022, 05:11:47 PM
I've been thinking about picking up a Cody call. I'm not sure how long his wait list are but for the people who have had them, how much of a difference is there in his expensive slate calls vs the woodsmans and Cody ii slate series?
I think Cody is closed for now? Seems like their building burned or something?
When they open up, I recommend getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roosterstraw

Yeah I'm not sure if they're open or not. I sent them an email so we'll see.

Chad Snyder

Talked to Bills son today.  Said new shop is coming along and hope to be making calls soon

Greg Massey

Recent contact with them, and they are rebuilding at new location and are not making calls at this time, used new or old is all you find for the time being ...