turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cody Calls

Started by roosterstraw, February 12, 2022, 05:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hevishot 13

Cody calls are awesome. I have a bunch of their slates (spec 1 legend, drop dead slate, the Cody 2, the fatwood, wood class) and my favorite is the drop dead slate with the carbon tipped striker. Bill sent it to me for free. I tried to pay him but he wouldn't let me. I have killed dozens of birds with that call. It would be the call I chose if I could only pick one pot call to use.

Tom007

No doubt Cody makes awesome calls. My 1994 Spec 1 slate is among my best. Don't over-look their box calls. I have their Southern Belle box, it is all turkey....Hopefully they get up and running soon.
"Solo hunter"

MK M GOBL

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Tom007 on February 25, 2022, 06:39:31 PM

Really is a great display.....

I talked to Bill when I was looking to make it, it holds my "Original" World Class Slate Call I bought 25+ years ago and have killed a pile of birds with! I retired that call with a SPEC 1 Legend Slate that was gifted to me from a friend.

Thanks!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

MK M GOBL

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

jamo

A spec 1 legend just went for$559 on e-bay this afternoon.

roosterstraw

Quote from: jamo on February 27, 2022, 08:28:16 PM
A spec 1 legend just went for$559 on e-bay this afternoon.

Seen that. I just don't get it, why not wait until they open back up and order one directly from them. You could get a brand new one for a 1/4 or the price.

fishr64

The pot wasn't signed or numbered, but the two strikers that went with it were numbers 012 and 014. I'm assuming either the pot was an early Legend or it was thought to be one. Mine is signed but not numbered. I was hoping that someone would chime in if they knew about the earlier calls.

Chad Snyder

As far as I know.  None of the World Class calls were numbered.   Spec1 were signed and numbered up to 1000 I believe.   Spec1 Legend were  signed and numbered to 100.  A friend of mine has a world class slate with original paperwork.   Paperwork is signed call number 3.    I stopped bidding on a world class slate prototype from 1980 at a NWT F banquet.  Wife gave me the devil eyes at $1100.   

fishr64

You confirmed what I thought as well was the case on the World Class, Spec I and Legend calls. I also found a picture of a numbered Legend on the Cody Facebook page. I guess a couple of people really wanted that call and had money to spend.

An old fishing buddy of mine has early edition World Class glass and slate, as well as Spec I glass and slate calls that I was always envious of. It took me 25 years to get mine. Your friend's got a good one and you almost beat him. They always seem to donate some awesome calls to the local chapters for auctions. You were smart in stopping before she fired up the burners.  :icon_thumright: