turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Youth Hunt on Public Land (Video)

Started by Hogmister13, February 04, 2022, 05:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

I just watched that this morning. He has some pretty good videos. I bet those other gobblers will be tough to kill after all the noise they made after the shot. I understand they were excited for the boy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Great example of over-calling.  With less calling this hunt would of ended much sooner.

GobbleNut

All in all, a well-done video on a great hunt for a young hunter.  He will be able to relive that over and over again.  Kudos to all involved in putting it together and sharing it with us.   :icon_thumright:

...As for the hunting tactics themselves, we could have a long discussion about what each of us might have done differently, but the fact is that they ended up with a dead gobbler, a really happy youngster and dad, and a great video to remember it by.  That is the outcome we are all looking for in a hunt, regardless of the approach (within reason) to achieving it.   :)

St. Augustine Strutter

Quote from: warrent423 on February 04, 2022, 10:11:25 AM
This guy and his "copycat" style sucks. This is my opinion of course.

Agreed.  I didn't watch but there is no need to. This guy is trying to pimp his videos across lots of different hunting forums. Quit watching them folks.

Just my opinion of course, haha.

Hogmister13

I Appreciate the compliments...I don't post to pimp and I don't know what you're talking about when you say copy cat style ... I just simply enjoy sharing my hunts and I work hard to make quality stuff. And I  do realize in some of my videos It looks like I over call, I like to  stay engaged in the conversation with the gobblers if they continue to respond....there is a lot of silence in my videos that takes place but I try to condense the footage so it does make it look like I'm over calling...I never claimed to be a Pro turkey hunter or YouTube star but like I said,  I simply do it because I enjoy to turkey hunt and document a special memory.

St. Augustine Strutter

Quote from: Hogmister13 on February 04, 2022, 01:39:17 PM
I Appreciate the compliments...I don't post to pimp and I don't know what you're talking about when you say copy cat style ... I just simply enjoy sharing my hunts and I work hard to make quality stuff. And I  do realize in some of my videos It looks like I over call, I like to  stay engaged in the conversation with the gobblers if they continue to respond....there is a lot of silence in my videos that takes place but I try to condense the footage so it does make it look like I'm over calling...I never claimed to be a Pro turkey hunter or YouTube star but like I said,  I simply do it because I enjoy to turkey hunt and document a special memory.

If you aren't trying to pimp videos and be a YouTube hero, then please explain to me the point of notifying complete strangers about your video and posting it on multiple hunting forums?

Im honestly curious. But don't give me that BS about "wanting to share it" because nobody was asking for it.

I look forward to your reply.

Hogmister13

like I said  I simply love to share my hunts... Do you like sharing your hunts through text??? I like to share my with a video... If you don't like it, scroll on Boss!

Vintage

I enjoyed the video, Thanks for posting it. Some people are just Miserable. Ignore them.

aclawrence

I just stumbled across your videos last night and have watched 3 or 4 of them now. There's a mix of public and private and it looks like there's some deer hunting in there to. I do like the parts in your videos where you were hanging out and cooperating with the other guys who were hunting around you. I always appreciate when some of the guys that do have a bigger social influence will at least use their platform to help teach people how you're supposed to act out there. There's plenty who apparently don't have a clue or just don't give a crap. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8rvet

Quote from: Vintage on February 04, 2022, 02:59:44 PM
I enjoyed the video, Thanks for posting it. Some people are just Miserable. Ignore them.
What he said.  Literally put them on ignore.  Easy peasy.  Just do you and enjoy what you do.  If I look at something and don't like, I scroll on.  I'll take a peak at it later.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

deerhunt1988

He started spamming his videos last year across multiple forums and platforms and is back at it again. He recently infiltrated more state-specific Facebook groups. I just report all his posts as spam, because that's what they are in those groups.

Hogmister13

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 04, 2022, 06:34:31 PM
He started spamming his videos last year across multiple forums and platforms and is back at it again. He recently infiltrated more state-specific Facebook groups. I just report all his posts as spam, because that's what they are in those groups.

It's not spam.... It's people like you is whats wrong with the hunting community these days... scroll on if you don't like it but don't make it out to be something it's not ...

Fdept56

Quote from: Hogmister13 on February 04, 2022, 11:13:53 PM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 04, 2022, 06:34:31 PM

It's not spam.... It's people like you is whats wrong with the hunting community these days... scroll on if you don't like it but don't make it out to be something it's not ...
Man, every post of yours on this forum has been on a thread started by you to share your videos. Have you ever really thought about why you're on here or even why you're videoing to start with?

Hogmister13

This is a turkey hunting forum...I'm here to talk turkey and share my turkey hunts...I've made several friends on here from posting my hunts and actually gained some great information ... That's what a forum is all about... I don't hate or bicker about other people's posts... if I don't like something somebody has posted I simply scroll on... you should do the same