turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for 1st Trumpet.....Who?

Started by RED NECK, January 16, 2022, 03:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I received my call from Brian Mero this morning in the mail, I have been fairly busy the last few weeks with life and I have not spent a lot of time trying to "master" the calls as I was awaiting this one to get here. I want to say Thank you to the guys who messaged me, and sent me helpful videos and calls via text, I do appreciate everything and I hope to be able to spend some time the next few weeks working on learning the cane yelper and the mero call, I have been looking for some sort of case to carry it in in my vest/bag up here , or on amazon but I have not stumbled across anything yet, the closest thing I seen was a cigar case on amazon but they were not a good fit.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

davisd9

A young man on Facebook makes a very nice case. Do not know if the young man is on here but his dad is, Possum Fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

RED NECK

I'll check those options out.Thanks. I spent some time this evening with the new call,more than happy with it.

RED NECK

I spent some time on the call and I am extremely happy with it, and all of them, so far. I did some looking and research and I ended up speaking with Glenda and I am going to go with one of her trumpet cases, I just want something to use when I am not in the woods and I can slip call in my vest, or murse. I may have to break down and try one of her satchels this year. As I get older, I have really started to enjoy carrying a turkey chair, and I have used a sling pack/satchel off and on the last few years but they were just a little small. The standard will definitly hold my coffee thermos and a few waters.

I am going to look into some custom locator calls now, I have been using store bought owl and crow calls but I figure I may as well get custom ones.

RED NECK

I have had my cane yelper and mero for a few weeks now, Thanks again "Guesswho"!! you are awesome! and my mero trumpet, Thanks again Brian, awesome guy to deal with and a great call. I received my Glenda Green satchel(murse) last week and also my trumpet case, the trumpet case is perfect for what I wanted in a case. She was also amazing to deal with and I will be ordering more from her soon.Thanks Glenda!

crow

Very sharp looking cane yelper,
you should have a good range of different tones with it and your trumpets

RED NECK

I called in my first longbeard with a trumpet this morning, I actually had good luck with using it as I have called in a bunch of jakes opening morning and hens but had some longbeards hang up, this morning was a different story, the mero was too much for the handful of longbeards and some hens. I may not be great with it yet, but I can use it and I think I am actually pretty decent, and just learning with it. Thanks again to everyone with the suggestions a few months back. No more carrying around pot and box calls, mouth calls and trumpets only.

USMC0331

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

EZ

Quote from: crow on February 24, 2022, 04:43:11 PM
Very sharp looking cane yelper,
you should have a good range of different tones with it and your trumpets

Yes it is!!!

gergg

Congrats, looks like you got all the confidence you need now.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

guesswho

Well done HBK.   Congrats, I'm sure there will be many more in your future.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

merocustomcalls

Congrats on an amazing gobbler, I am humbled to have my trumpet pictured with it. 

mountainhunter1

Quote from: crow on January 18, 2022, 12:45:37 PM
Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 18, 2022, 08:52:07 AM
How would I know which calls, are easier to learn on? or is that on an individual  person to decide and figure out for themselves? I assume It comes down to the person. I'd like at least two to start with but don't want to make the learning curve more difficult than I have too.

If you go back several pages in the trumpet section and look for threads like yours you will see a pattern of whats been recommended for starting out, they are whats worked for the majority of people.
You wouldn't go wrong with a trumpet from any of them. Some of them would have a long wait period.

The Buice trumpets have interchangeable mouthpieces that have different diameter holes thru them, which changes the pitch of the call and how it draws air, the 2 most popular are the #3 and #4 as Davis mentioned

Any trumpet from Ralph Permar would be a god choice, his entry level Jordan call will do any thing you will need to do in the turkey woods

I assume you are talking about his smaller improved jordan yelper?
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13