Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

Mero?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED NECK

Quote from: Terry on January 21, 2022, 10:43:49 AM
Mero?

Yes, that is a call that Brian shipped me today, the reviews on him and his calls, and emailing with him made it an easy decision.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I also was sent a cane yelper call from another great outstanding member! (I don't want to out you), today to try out, the help and the messages have been amazing and I do appreciate every one of them, from everyone, Thanks again!!

Kygobblergetter

If that cane yelper is the one I believe that it is, it's a real winner. Helped shorten my learning curve a lot. Really a great community on here. Good luck learning. I'm working on it my self and those trumpets sure are addicting!

RED NECK

After a few days of deciding on which I found easier, I actually find "Cherry" to be the one that I can make sound better and more realistic, I am planning on gifting the other one, I'd like to keep it "clean" so I would assume I can use a alcohol wipe to clean the top of mouthpiece?   

How many of you experienced trumpet users, carry more than one in the field while you are hunting? and do you always wear them over your neck or are you keeping them in a case in the field and pull them out when you use it?

I like the lanyard when hunting but I also am thinking of a case to put it in while not in field.

merocustomcalls

I usually only hunt with just one around my neck.  I may keep another one as a back up in a large pocket of my turkey vest or in the center console of my truck. 

ChesterCopperpot

I always have a Permar improved Jordan stashed away with my strikers, and whatever trumpet I'm toting for the day on a lanyard around my neck.

RED NECK

I figured as much,carry an extra call in case you lose or break one, I am going to start looking around for cases.

Sixes

One on my neck on a lanyard. 

Extras are in tubes in the truck.  here is where you can find them and how they look

https://www.uline.com/BL_3651/Clear-Plastic-Tubes?keywords=clear+shipping+tubes

RED NECK

Quote from: Sixes on January 25, 2022, 01:19:12 PM
One on my neck on a lanyard. 

Extras are in tubes in the truck.  here is where you can find them and how they look

https://www.uline.com/BL_3651/Clear-Plastic-Tubes?keywords=clear+shipping+tubes
Thanks, I'll look into them.

davisd9

I tote at least a couple. May have them around my neck or have one in the vest. Do not carry them in any tube or anything as that is extra weight.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

RED NECK

I may break down and purchase a real nice case, I seen a few leather ones.  I will only be carrying one at the most on me in field this year for sure,maybe ever.  But I like the idea of a case for it just to protect it.

strum

Dangit Kid.  I said I was going mouth calls only this year, but your thread got me wanting a trumpet.  I spoke with Brian Mero today and have one on the way. Great guy to chat with and very informative.  I guess technically I'm still staying with mouth calls right? :z-dizzy:

guesswho

Quote from: strum on January 28, 2022, 02:39:31 PM
Dangit Kid.  I said I was going mouth calls only this year, but your thread got me wanting a trumpet.  I spoke with Brian Mero today and have one on the way. Great guy to chat with and very informative.  I guess technically I'm still staying with mouth calls right? :z-dizzy:
And you need to pick up another mouth call(tube call)
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ol bob

Have a good maker make you a all delrin call, never worry about breakage again they are  bullet proof, and one of the best sounding call you can get.