OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First thought after hearing gobble

Started by jhoward11, August 10, 2021, 08:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhoward11

I actually heard a gobble this morning, and got me to thinking. So, what's the first thing that goes through your mind when you hear that first gobble? It can be morning or during the day.  So, for me it's...Morning- "Yes, right where I thought he'd be". Mosquito get out of here!  During the day, it's " I was sleeping so good" but where's he at and what's the lay of the land.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Greg Massey

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ol bob

If I see him or not, its been a good day.

Tom007

"Game On". What is in between me and him?, pick a good tree set-up and soft call, see how he reacts. If he answers, I sit patiently scanning for red, white, blue........
"Solo hunter"

Happy

"I don't know what to do and need help!"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

TauntoHawk

"there he is"

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lacire

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

JeffC

Same here" Did I hear a Gobble??", hope to hear 2nd gobble to confirm, direction and distance then GAME ON!!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

WildTigerTrout

Oh Boy! Game on!  Next thoughts are kind of in a state of chaos.  How far out is he?  Is he alone?  Does he have hens?  Should I set up or move closer?  I usually wait to hear him gobble again and then try to figure out what to do next.  I always tell my self to calm down and think clearly also. 
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Jimspur

What do I need to say to him, to let him know that I'm the hen with the
high heels, fishnet stockings, mini-skirt and push-up bra.

1ST DRAW

How many other guys just heard that?

eddie234

Am I set up in the right spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HookedonHooks

Where did the gobble take place? Mentally pinpointing with immediate map observance.

Then the next question you must find out is why, why's he gobbling? If you know the answer to those two questions, you're chances for success are exponentially increases.