Main Menu

Be aware of Heritage Outfitters in NE

Started by duxrus, May 13, 2022, 10:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: VA Gobble Addict on May 14, 2022, 08:45:56 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 14, 2022, 05:11:39 AM
Quote from: VA Gobble Addict on May 14, 2022, 04:04:59 AM
Bummer about your experience.  With the increase in the popularity of turkey hunting it would be awesome to have a sticky or something with all the lousy outfitters for reference. Maybe there is one already and I just havent seen it

It was brought up not long ago, not sure if it was done or not but I would not be surprised if they chose not to, that is a lawsuit for slander/defamation waiting to happen.

Nothing wrong with a "Review Themed Post". No need to have any slanderous type comments , just reviews outlining the operation of the outfitter. Success/Non-Success reviews to let potential future clients know what the outfitter is all about. This is a helpful way to let perspective clients know what they are signing up for. Positive reviews will help their future business.....
I can understand that, although I dont think theres much of a difference between this thread and one devoted to outfitter experiences.  The thread doesnt have to be only bad ones
"Solo hunter"

FL-Boss

It will for sure, a permanent record on the web now.. indexed to the first page of Google already.

Quote from: Turkeybutt on May 14, 2022, 03:40:54 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your experience with Heritage Outfitters in NE.  I want to thank you for revealing their operation and attitude.
The best advertisement one can get is through word of mouth, people talk. I'm sure after your review their operation will suffer.

Tom007

Quote from: Tom007 on May 15, 2022, 07:30:27 AM
Bummer about your experience.  With the increase in the popularity of turkey hunting it would be awesome to have a sticky or something with all the lousy outfitters for reference. Maybe there is one already and I just havent seen it

It was brought up not long ago, not sure if it was done or not but I would not be surprised if they chose not to, that is a lawsuit for slander/defamation waiting to happen.

Nothing wrong with a "Review Themed Post". No need to have any slanderous type comments , just reviews outlining the operation of the outfitter. Success/Non-Success reviews to let potential future clients know what the outfitter is all about. This is a helpful way to let perspective clients know what they are signing up for. Positive reviews will help their future business.....
I can understand that, although I dont think theres much of a difference between this thread and one devoted to outfitter experiences.  The thread doesnt have to be only bad ones

Totally agree, hopefully all the reviews are positive so the outfitters continue to prosper. Constructive reviews/feedback can only help them provide better services in the future....
"Solo hunter"

duxrus

I am just sharing our experience. I know many folks like myself search out reviews when looking at the many different outfitters in a given state. I could only find one or two from years ago on turkeys so gave them the benefit of the doubt. I've been on tons of hunts across the country and you quickly know what you have once you compare "promises" with reality. I'm sure if you booked the first week it would be phenomenal hunting winter roosts but continuing to book multiple groups , day in and day out , to me looks like money is more important than giving quality hunts. I wish more folks would make posts telling of bad experiences so others could read and decide if they wanted to take a chance at getting the same . Paying for a fully guided hunt to only be dropped off with a pin on your phone to find a blind isn't what I'd assume most qualify as fully guided. We paid top dollar for a driver who would leave you for hours and hours and hours. Like I said when you pay for a 2:1 trip they sure as hell shouldn't add a stranger into the mix. That alone shows what was more important than honesty... $$$

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on May 15, 2022, 07:30:27 AM

I understand and I do not personally think there is a problem, but guarantee that somebody would and it could cause problems for the site is all.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

AndyN

Not too surprising as I've hunted that general area the past 5 years. Been less birds and more hunters every year. 2021 was great with a bunch of carry over from shutting down NR sales in 2020 but we saw very few if any jakes in most places. With high harvest numbers and few jakes things tanked for the 2022 season. I saw one small group of jakes in 300+ miles of scouting. One private spot had 1 gobbler with 17 hens and I lucked out and called a different one from the neighbors. Another piece of private had 3 gobblers with 44 hens. Public areas that used to have winter flocks of 50-100 were void of turkeys. I doubt I'll even go next year.

Bob Gobbolina

We had a similar experience with Heritage Outfitters last spring after seeing them on Grace Camo and Lace TV

The only good thing we have to say about our 14 hour drive to Heritage Outfitters was the food.   After that everything was essentially a nightmare.

The "lodge" is a dilapidated rental home in Curtis, Nebraska.   It's disgusting.  Turkey carcasses were rotting in a trash can when we walked up to the back door, feathers and blood on the cleaning tables and all over the breezeway and clutter everywhere.
   At dinner that night we met three other hunters that Brady booked at the last minute and added to the hunt party, turning a group of 6 into a group of 9 without saying a word.
  After Brady left for the evening his son came to eat dinner with us, and he was making fun of a hunter that had just left camp, which I thought was extremely distasteful.
   We hunted each morning in a blind under or near a roost.    We never got to the blind early enough in my opinion, and our guide you could tell absolutely detested blind hunting.   He seemed unprepared for it.   He had one to two hen decoys and called very sparingly if at all.    After 40 minutes in a blind in the morning we would ride around with the guide aimlessly looking for turkeys to fan or reap.   Often you would pass Brady or his other guide, that's when we figured out the game.  These guys are essentially cutting each other's throats to find birds for us clients and try and get to them first.  Any turkeys we would see would start running from hundreds of yards away.    We would look for turkeys till 10:30 then head back for breakfast.   After breakfast you learn that the guide will head back to bed for 4-5 hours until the evening hunt, so if you want to hunt you will be by yourselves in a blind of the guide's choosing.    We chose to hunt, because that's what we paid for.   We paid for a guided hunt, but that's definitely not what we got for our money.    We shot two toms on our own out of blinds for three guys in three days.    The guide tried to get us to shoot jakes he reaped in, but we wouldn't do it, especially since Brady said at dinner the night before "DO NOT SHOOT JAKES".    Our guide tried to convince us that the experience was "just the same" as getting a tom that close.
   This experience really ruined my perception of what a guided hunt should be, and there's zero chance I'd ever go back or recommend them to anyone.