OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Be aware of Heritage Outfitters in NE

Started by duxrus, May 13, 2022, 10:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duxrus

:wagon:If anyone ever is thinking about hunting with Heritage Outfitters in NE do NOT do it. Worst trip I've ever been on. An expensive joke of an outfitter. They promise a 100% opportunity but don't have crap for birds. They were hoping we got shots at jakes but couldn't even deliver that (Wouldn't have shot one anyway) . You are just hunting over hunted farms that are being rotated group to group. I never even saw a Tom on the farms they dropped me off on. It was so bad that the head guys son called his dad to tell him we were headed to try o bird he had seen and when we got back to that spot low and behold daddy had his client there. What a cluster trying to step on your own damn son. I wouldn't go back for free and set ups like this give other outfitters a bad name . We left at lunch on the last day and they texted me a picture of a jake a guy killed after we left like it was something to brag about. Funny they didn't even apologize for taking our money for zero opportunity. I know it's hunting but hard to harvest things that don't exist. We paid for a 2:1 guided hunt and they added another guy to
Our group. WTH is that about. They had me hunting a flock of 4 jakes saying they were good Toms. I watched them all 3 days they put me there . The other group there atleast got one Tom between 3 guys and one Jake. When an outfitters wants you killing jakes you quickly understand how bad it is. They also offer a 3rd bird on their website but once there they said no they don't. They had just updated their website with that still on it. I'm sure they wanted the illusion of them having enough birds for the 3rd bird option. False advertising at its best . BEWARE

bigriverbum

sorry to hear it sucked, but an unfortunate side effect of monetizing a public resource

ybuck

crap!
what a bummer...feel for ya man,

ive looked at their site before too

mossyoakpro

Quote from: duxrus on May 13, 2022, 10:04:20 PM
If anyone ever is thinking about hunting with Heritage Outfitters in NE do NOT do it. Worst trip I've ever been on. An expensive joke of an outfitter. They promise a 100% opportunity but don't have crap for birds. They were hoping we got shots at jakes but couldn't even deliver that (Wouldn't have shot one anyway) . You are just hunting over hunted farms that are being rotated group to group. I never even saw a Tom on the farms they dropped me off on. It was so bad that the head guys son called his dad to tell him we were headed to try o bird he had seen and when we got back to that spot low and behold daddy had his client there. What a cluster trying to step on your own damn son. I wouldn't go back for free and set ups like this give other outfitters a bad name . We left at lunch on the last day and they texted me a picture of a jake a guy killed after we left like it was something to brag about. Funny they didn't even apologize for taking our money for zero opportunity. I know it's hunting but hard to harvest things that don't exist. They had me hunting a flock of 4 jakes saying they were good Toms. I watched them all 3 days they put me there . The other group there atleast got one Tom between 3 guys and one Jake. When an outfitters wants you killing jakes you quickly understand how bad it is. They also offer a 3rd bird on their website but once there they said no they don't. False advertising at its best . BEWARE

In my experience in NE you don't really need an outfitter...nearly every door you knock on will give you access to their property.  Turkey hunting is not a big deal to most folks out there, at least in the areas we have been before.  Deer hunting is a different thing!  LOL
Phillippians 4:13

deerhunt1988

Hate to hear that. Thanks for revealing the bad apple, could save someone else some major heartburn!

Unfortunately I believe we will get more and more of these reports as turkey hunter numbers increase while turkey populations do the opposite. As public land quality continues to plummet, more hunters will begin to seek outfitters/private land access. And outfits like that will sucker people as long as there are people to sucker.

Dtrkyman

Nebraska has been pounded into submission!  Sure there are still some good areas but it has been the destination for a long time!

I remember the first few years I hunted it, if you make a turkey call you damn well better be ready!!!

Have not hunted there in 3 or 4 seasons after probably 10 straight. 

Roost 1

Not the first bad review I've heard on this place, this year.

Cottonmouth

Agree. Too many guys killing every jake they saw just to go back home telling their buddies how they slaughtered them. Never told them they were jakes.
I heard one say " If they come on like a longbeard,  I'm shootin him." Pathetic.
Most were self proclaimed turkey masters.
The all zeroed this year up there. Serves them right.

Turkeybutt

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with Heritage Outfitters in NE.  I want to thank you for revealing their operation and attitude.
The best advertisement one can get is through word of mouth, people talk. I'm sure after your review their operation will suffer.

VA Gobble Addict

Bummer about your experience.  With the increase in the popularity of turkey hunting it would be awesome to have a sticky or something with all the lousy outfitters for reference. Maybe there is one already and I just havent seen it
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

Quote from: VA Gobble Addict on May 14, 2022, 04:04:59 AM
Bummer about your experience.  With the increase in the popularity of turkey hunting it would be awesome to have a sticky or something with all the lousy outfitters for reference. Maybe there is one already and I just havent seen it

It was brought up not long ago, not sure if it was done or not but I would not be surprised if they chose not to, that is a lawsuit for slander/defamation waiting to happen.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Howie g

My take on " most " outfitters.  They start out with good ground , with plenty game . Then the money starts rolling in . At first , they get great reviews , the guys that went with good success , tell there buddys how good it was .   But then they start over booking and the ground gets over hunted !  But , the money is rolling in so they keep over booking and depleted farms is what they end up with .  I've seen this happen to several outfitters. 

fallhnt

Depending on how long they've been in business, they could still be revelling in the past.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Jim K

My godson is traveling home from Texas today after hunting with a lousy outfitter. He got a hog and a coyote. Lol. Only saw one jake. It's a shame. Thanks for the heads up.

VA Gobble Addict

Quote from: Jim K on May 14, 2022, 08:22:25 AM
My godson is traveling home from Texas today after hunting with a lousy outfitter. He got a hog and a coyote. Lol. Only saw one jake. It's a shame. Thanks for the heads up.
What outfitter was that?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr