OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question About Crispi Boots

Started by rifleman, May 15, 2021, 12:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiloh

I wore the Summit GTX every day this season except 2.  I love them!  Got lucky on the fit because I had to order them.  Hardly anyone stocks them in MS. 

rifleman

GAswamp,  When you got the Wyomings did you go down in size 10 to 9 lets say?  I am now looking at that boot because the avail. of wide but I read somewhere that they run large in size not just width.  How do you like the Wyomings and have you worn them much?  Thanks, still searching to find something.  Sent back the Nevadas in reg and right now no wides in stock at BlackOvis.  I want a warm weather boot for spring turkeys and fall deer in WV.  Thanks

Dtrkyman

Unless returns are easy and free I'm not buying anything I can't try on!

Fit is critical in a boot!

Years ago I went to every place that sold boots and tried on everything, Asolo fit me well and last!

People get caught up in brands, but if the best boot ever made doesn't fit properly it's useless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaswamp

Quote from: rifleman on May 18, 2021, 10:47:54 AM
GAswamp,  When you got the Wyomings did you go down in size 10 to 9 lets say?  I am now looking at that boot because the avail. of wide but I read somewhere that they run large in size not just width.  How do you like the Wyomings and have you worn them much?  Thanks, still searching to find something.  Sent back the Nevadas in reg and right now no wides in stock at BlackOvis.  I want a warm weather boot for spring turkeys and fall deer in WV.  Thanks

No I wear an 8 1/2 regular.  I don't have a wide foot  So...the wyomings were my first crispis.  They are extremely comfortable.  I wear a thicker pair of socks when using them.  so guess yes they are built a bit more roomy.  the summits require a light or thinnner sock.  I have bin wearing the wyomings over 8 years and they are finally starting to wear out on the outside and the sole traction is bout gone, gut they are still waterproof.

fishr64

I wore 10 wide in Rocky and Irish Setter boots and got the 10 regular width in the Idaho and Wyoming boots. Similar in length to me. I also had a 10 wide in Danner Pronghorn boots that never fit me right and were uncomfortable.

If you get into PA at all, Centre Boot Co. in Bellfonte has Crispi's in the store.

Crispi boots can also be re-soled by a shop out west, I think Oregon, for $90-$100. I believe that includes the rand too.

rifleman

Fishr64,  Thank you.  That was helpful information.  I sent the 9.5 reg. Nevadas back.  No 9.5 Nevadas wides in stock.  The cust. rep. suggested the Wyomings.  I prefer the all leather for durability although I will only be using them here in the tri-state area in EP WV. Thanks