turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question About Crispi Boots

Started by rifleman, May 15, 2021, 12:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rifleman

I just received a pair of the Crispi Nevada in size 9.5 regular and unfortunately no matter how I lace them they feel too tight.  I'd like to send them back and I need to know if anyone has sent a Crispi boot back making an exchange to Wide width?  If so, are the wide so wide that they will be too loose wearing the same socks?  Thanks

DUCKDIGGLER

I own 4 pair of Crispi boots....I wear a 12W....for me the fit is perfect. I'd say if the ones you have currently are too tight then you have nothing to loose, they are awesome to deal with from a CS standpoint. The boots IMO are second to none once you figure out the size that fits you best. Good luck.

rifleman

DUCKDIGGLER,  Do you have any idea or a feeling for how much wider they are than there regular width?  I'm trying to wear these with a lightweight wool sock.  Thanks

Jimspur

Hey Rifleman - I went through the same thing as you 2 years ago. Bought 2 pairs of american made Danners and sent them both back. Then did a lot of research on Crispi's and from what I gathered they are a fantastic boot if they fit your feet. From my research they tend to run a bit more narrow than the Hanwags, Lowas, Meindl's etc. I suggest you call Baker Boots in
Oregon at 541-689-5379. They are extremely knowledgeable and carry all the top brands. They can give you an idea of fit from narrow to wide on Crispi's or from brand to brand.

AndyH

I've not sent anything back to them but I will say their wide sizes are wider than any boot I have in wide which I like. They fit my feet perfectly. I have a pair of The Thor 2's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DUCKDIGGLER

Quote from: rifleman on May 15, 2021, 03:53:28 PM
DUCKDIGGLER,  Do you have any idea or a feeling for how much wider they are than there regular width?  I'm trying to wear these with a lightweight wool sock.  Thanks
Tough to quantify verbally. I will say I wear a wide in all footwear. I run my Crispi with a thin wool hiking sock and they fit perfectly. Call Crispi and see if they can give you a better explanation. It think worse case you can run a medium weight wool sock or send them back for a refund but I think you are going to be ok with the wide. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rifleman

Thanks for the replies.  I think I will go with sending them back for the wide.  At worst I can do what DUCKDIGGLER suggests.  Thanks again.

gaswamp

rifleman

GASWAMP,  I am sending back a pair of the Nevadas in size 9.5 regular width.  They feel great when I first slide my feet in them and lace up.  However, after maybe after 20 minutes or so they start to feel too tight esp. on the instep of both feet.  My left foot does have a hump after bunion surgery in 97' but there is no reason for the right to hurt in the same place.  I did rupture the Achilles on the foot in 2019 but had nothing to do with the foot.  Just way too tight.  I have to talk with the guy at BlackOvis.

WV Flopper

Meindle's, Crispi, Kenetrek. All three of these boots are 11.5EE. The Meindle's and Crispi boots fit the me the same. The Kenetrek are a little wider.
If your size doesn't fit, I would send them back. Those Crispi's aren't cheap.

My favorites are the Meindle's and Crispi boots, but I use then separately for different hunts. The Kenetrek are very well made, but not for me. I would wear Rocky's before I bought another pair of Kenny's.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

fishr64

I wear 10 wide in other boots but wear 10 regular in my Crispi Wyoming and Idaho boots. I tried a pair of the Nevada and Guide boots in 10 regular and both of those seemed cut a hair smaller compared to the Idaho and Wyoming.

Depending on what you want them for these might work for you. I like both of them with a pair of Darn Tough socks that match the temperature and activity level I'm going to be in.

rifleman

Fishr64,  Still struggling but talked to customer service again and they are saying that the Nevada in a wide is quite roomy while at the same time suggesting the Wyoming.

fishr64

It seems that their boots are all cut slightly different due to whatever technology is in the specific boot. I've contemplated the Thor's but would definitely need a wide in them due to the narrower sole, which makes that boot a touch tight on me.

If you plan on wanting or needing a different insole, you'll probably need more room/width as theirs are pretty thin. My daughter and her husband like the insoles and just got another set from Crispi. I put in an OTC orthotic in but of mine and they work better for me. (Old, saggy and flat feet)

Good luck with your choice! If you're like me, if you're questioning anything size wise about a boot or shoe, it'll drive you crazy until you get it fixed. Crispi customer service has been great every time that I called with questions or about an order. I was thankful too that we have a dealer that sells a handful of the different styles in PA and was able to check some other models out at the Outdoor Show last year at Harrisburg.

gaswamp

Quote from: rifleman on May 17, 2021, 05:40:56 PM
Fishr64,  Still struggling but talked to customer service again and they are saying that the Nevada in a wide is quite roomy while at the same time suggesting the Wyoming.

I have the summits and the wyomings.  The wyomings are more roomy.  I have to wear a thicker sock with them compared to the summits

roosterstraw

I have the crispi guide's and Colorado's. The guides fit great, the Colorados feel a little tight around my toes. I contacted cs to ask at what foot width do they recommend getting a wide and they responded with if I normally wear a wide in boots then get a wide. They also told me the Colorado's are built just like the guide's, so I just kept them and deal with it.