OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Over and under users have a question  (Read 3301 times)

Chad

Re: Over and under users have a question
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2021, 10:57:31 AM »
I hunted with an O/U all last season. The only thing I liked better about it was loading and unloading. This year I'm carrying a single barrel...

Online wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2021, 04:41:19 PM »
I really like mine for turkey hunting. I have a youth model that is short and light weight. It’s easy to clean and carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2021, 05:43:19 PM »
I really like mine for turkey hunting. I have a youth model that is short and light weight. It’s easy to clean and carry.

That’s a beaut. How does it pattern?

Online wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2021, 06:33:20 PM »

That’s a beaut. How does it pattern?

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2021, 07:15:12 PM »
What happens if your barrels don't share the same POA/POI? Lets say the top barrel is your longer range barrel and sighted in with your red dot. What happens if your bottom barrel shoots left/right and up/down compared to the red dot zero of the top barrel? The Browning Cynergy Turkey really has my interest but I'd hate to spend that kind of money and have those problems.

My Cynergy Ultimate Turkey set up is pretty good.  I sight the gun in with the bottom barrel. My top barrel is only an inch higher, no big deal. I found a choke that brings it down to almost perfect. The theory behind over-unders is tight choke in one barrel, more open choke in other barrel. It works great, I love the set-up. Hope this helps...PS, the Browning Ultimate Cynergy is the tightest shooting gun I own. It has Vector technology,lengthened  forcing cones, and is back-bored right from the factory. Great shooting gun...

Tom what sling attachments did you add to your gun? I see they don't come with the post and drilled stock. Also do you have the 24 or 26" barrel model? Thanks

Sorry, just saw this....I have the barrel clamp stud  from Uncle Mike’s for the front. I drilled a pilot hole and screwed the rear stud into the back stock. I added a little silicone on the threads. Works great, the barrel stud fits nice and tight. Hope this helps.....great gun. Love it. Have the 26 inch barrel.
“Solo hunter”

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2021, 06:16:05 AM »
What happens if your barrels don't share the same POA/POI? Lets say the top barrel is your longer range barrel and sighted in with your red dot. What happens if your bottom barrel shoots left/right and up/down compared to the red dot zero of the top barrel? The Browning Cynergy Turkey really has my interest but I'd hate to spend that kind of money and have those problems.

Thanks Tom that does help. I think this will be my new off season project! Looks like this gun can be lots of fun to hunt with.

My Cynergy Ultimate Turkey set up is pretty good.  I sight the gun in with the bottom barrel. My top barrel is only an inch higher, no big deal. I found a choke that brings it down to almost perfect. The theory behind over-unders is tight choke in one barrel, more open choke in other barrel. It works great, I love the set-up. Hope this helps...PS, the Browning Ultimate Cynergy is the tightest shooting gun I own. It has Vector technology,lengthened  forcing cones, and is back-bored right from the factory. Great shooting gun...

Tom what sling attachments did you add to your gun? I see they don't come with the post and drilled stock. Also do you have the 24 or 26" barrel model? Thanks

Sorry, just saw this....I have the barrel clamp stud  from Uncle Mike’s for the front. I drilled a pilot hole and screwed the rear stud into the back stock. I added a little silicone on the threads. Works great, the barrel stud fits nice and tight. Hope this helps.....great gun. Love it. Have the 26 inch barrel.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2021, 04:25:28 PM »
Browning has no warranty. They say they'll correct POI if it is over 6" off. That's too far for turkey. Other high end O/Us are the same. It may be rare for a poorly regulated gun to make it past QC, but it does happen.

I would like a baby frame 28ga, but I'm not buying one unless I can verify POI first. Other gauges you can get Yildiz. They'll fix the problem. The baby frame 28ga Yildiz isn't imported into the US, AFAIK.

I'd call and talk to Browning. Maybe they recognize a turkey model should be held to a higher standard for regulation.