OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2021, 04:21:22 PM »
In my opinion, faceplant was designed to keep tabs and gather information about the public, and spread propaganda. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it sure looks like "big brother" is watching.

There was a scene in the show Persons of Interest that basically said it was created for that in part, also for facial recognition.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Swamp

• Dying ain't much of a livin.
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2021, 01:34:04 PM »
There is a saying ...a forum is only as good as its purpose , what's OG's purpose ? Sharing turkey hunting information and the like ...we do that VERY well , thank you

Whats Facebook and other social medias purpose ? Well it sure looks like its to make thier billionaire founders rich while they dupe people into buying shares of thier company , whilst they dump thier stock that actually makes no money , and of course brain wash educate thier "woke" agenda on the masses,  and if you don't like it..well they will kick you off or censor you .... till you give up ...the big joke is on the public , sad thing is that even people who agree with Facebook and Instagrams left leaning agenda are the victim too

Sounds like free speech ? Hardly ...there are some that are fine with the way things are going ..others , are very concerned about how they can just eliminate the truth and replace it with opinion and pass it off as facts.....sounds alot like they are borrowing china's one party policy to me.

Facebook has its pro's and it has its negatives ....lots and lots of negatives

With the advent of very fast wireless devices , there are more people using social media , and that includes us too , there are more people visiting here and reading., others post ...but yes Facebook has put a beating on all forms of forums...but quite a few still go strong

Photobucket , and many online FREE photo hosting sites have gone belly up so its a hassle getting images posted , thays where Facebook,  Instagram have a advantage.. I do use both social media sites but with extreme caution because it gets annoying watching these kids pass them selves off as stuff they are not ...especially annoying is watching your female extended family members try thier best to post up and pass off fake invented lifestyle.. I would say 99%  of most things young people post up on social media is fake as silicon boobs , everyone is so busy trying to impress everyone ...

One huge advantage to a well run and indexed forum (like this one ) is there is the information is saved and easy to access ...also people tend to be more down to earth on a well run site

Everything has its purpose in life ..and things kinda seem to work itself out

Remember MySpace? .....if these big tech social media companies don't clean up thier act , one day people will be asking the same about them ....

:OGani:
I agree with alot of what you said. And im extremely thankful that this sight saves old post because over the last  month I've used that search bar a ton going back and reviewing post that I read when I first started making calls. I've made a few post but just habent gotten the response that I used to get u may have gotten 1 or 2 comments. Which is better than none but I remember when you used to ask a question or for advise you would get a ton of response pretty quick too.

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2021, 05:12:21 PM »
Yeah its starting to slow down some. There is another more local hunting forum that im a member of that is legitimately dead...RIP. I hope this one doesn't follow suit. Good info. love the annual contest and patches. The mods on here will not tolerate the level of adolescence that you see on turkey hunting pages on facebook. Theres some absolute trash on there......every meth head in the country has a smart phone now days....its kinda like when grocery stores start to take EBT cards....the crowd suddenly changes. That's kind what happened to social media over the last 10 years...even the hunting pages. Everything is just a snickering little joke.....gotta be the class clown.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2021, 10:25:07 AM »
Hope I live long enough to see Fakebook die.
Me also

Me three!!!
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life