OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Swamp

• Dying ain't much of a livin.
Is it just me?
« on: May 06, 2021, 11:10:21 AM »
Is it just me or has this sight kinda died off some I found this sight back In 2013 and back then I remember it booming with information and the turkey call classifieds being full of calls from different call makers just about anytime you looked. Even the call making thread was loaded with good and helpful advise for those looking into getting started. The turkey contest had a ton of teams that were all highly competitive and full of straight up turkey killers. I recently started using the sight more often and it just seems to me a little stale these days. By no means is this intended to be a negative post im just curious if anyone else feels the same way.

Offline turkey_slayer

• Longbeard
  • SouthWest VA
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 11:18:16 AM »
It is. I assume Facebook has hurt most forums. Must be dozens of turkey groups on there now and some are rather large

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 11:18:56 AM »
Facebook and instaglam have taken over.
Its all about "likes" and followers to make people feel good about themselves.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline Paulmyr

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 11:45:34 AM »
I think with the hunting getting tougher in a lot of areas good hunters are getting tighter lipped with thier information. Kinda going old school again.
 I don't pay any attention to social media. Deleted my Facebook account a couple years ago.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Offline grayfox

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 12:01:57 PM »
Probably so but I still love this forum. Guess in a lot of ways I'm still old school too. I don't have a facebook account & don't care to have one.

Offline Jrkimbrough

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 12:06:03 PM »
I definitely don’t spend as much time here as I used to. Mainly due to work and just life in general being busy.

I used to religiously check the classified section when building up my call collection. Now I stay away from it purposely!  Lol. Temptation is evil!

I do like coming here to read the excellent stories and advice without all the social media chest puffing out , egos, arguing and opinionated bs. Most everyone on this forum are nice and civilized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 12:14:00 PM »
Hope I live long enough to see Fakebook die.

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 12:36:20 PM »
I definitely don’t spend as much time here as I used to. Mainly due to work and just life in general being busy.

I used to religiously check the classified section when building up my call collection. Now I stay away from it purposely!  Lol. Temptation is evil!

I do like coming here to read the excellent stories and advice without all the social media chest puffing out , egos, arguing and opinionated bs. Most everyone on this forum are nice and civilized

X2!!!
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 12:52:48 PM »
It's different than it used to be but I spend more time here than a lot of other sites.  It's fun to be out of state and run into someone else who recognizes you from your time on OG.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline Cowboy

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 01:13:24 PM »
Probably so but I still love this forum. Guess in a lot of ways I'm still old school too. I don't have a facebook account & don't care to have one.
X 2. No FB never had or will.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 01:17:55 PM »
I like this site the best.  I mainly joined Facebook to check out call makers.  Some call makers mainly sell through their FB pages.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 01:29:20 PM »
Dropped FB several years ago. Got tired of the junk that came along with it. Made life a little easier. Don’t get on here much until closer to turkey season. Just one of those things. Lack of time through the summer/fall.

Offline Swamp

• Dying ain't much of a livin.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 01:59:09 PM »
Thanks for the replys I agree with fb and ig taking over. I love this sight and have learned a ton of valuable information over the years especially from call makers. I'm starting back up with my call business and will be selling here once I'm happy with the quality of the calls I'm building.

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2021, 02:17:56 PM »
I much prefer this forum over Facebook. I know a lot of people here hate on the YouTube guys but Facebook is hurting Turkey hunting way more than those guys ever will. The groups I’m in are full of a bunch of idiots.  They are happy to share info and spots with the rest of the world for some reason. Idk. I feel like the forum here is mostly guys who hunt and respect turkeys similarly.  I wish there was a little more action here but I think guys are getting more tight lipped. This is about the only place I have to talk about turkey hunting. My wife is sick of me mentioning turkey hunting stuff lol. I check through all the call sub forums and general discussion several times a day.

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2021, 02:22:33 PM »
Hope I live long enough to see Fakebook die.
Me also
They call him...Kenny..Kenny