Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Strangest thing you have heard a tom gobble at?

Started by jhoward11, May 05, 2021, 10:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhoward11

LOLLLLL. I was in the woods this morning, about 150 yards from back road and I heard the neighbor who walks in the morning sneeze real loud and a Tom let out with a gobble. He sneezed again and he hammered again. I so badly wanted to start sneezing. Someone needs to make a sneeze call, or I guess I'll carry pepper with me. Anyone else heard toms gobble at crazy things?

JodyPenny

Was hunting one morning this year and someone that lives behind the property I hunt started blowing their horn. Every time they blew the horn the turkey hammered. He must have gobbled like 20 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

"Hurry up Johnny, your going to be late for the bus."

I called that turkey around the house, through their yard to a sewer ROW. Urban turkeys are the loudest "ambient noise" turkeys I have ever hunted by far. So many noises.

redjones

Had one Gobble at some guys that were shingling a house about half a mile away,every time they would hit that airgun he would gobble until he followed a hen off to try and impress her.

Greg
Semper Fi

mullet dredge

Sometimes hunt across a bean field next to a rural elementary school. They broadcast the morning announcements over the loudspeakers on the playground....the gobblers cant stand it when little Timmy gets called to the principles office!

blake_08

I heard a bird gobbling to a donkey braying this year. The bird gobbled about 3 times before the donkey finished his sequence. I got a chuckle out of it.

Which Gun

I was hunting close to where they were doing road repair every time the door slammed down on the dump truck he would gobble.

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Mossyguy

During deer season where I'm from you'll hear them gobble every now and then. Had one show up in a food plot while I was hunting one evening. The night before I had enchiladas the wife made. I was in a box stand about 5 foot off the ground and the turkey walked to within 10 yards of me. I was sitting in a metal folding chair and I ripped a good one. The turkey gobbled and I just about ruined a good set of hunting pants because I was laughing so hard..

J.D. Shellnut

A lawn mower hitting gravel. Every time they would make that pass in their driveway and hit that patch of gravel he'd gobble. I kept slipping closer and closer till knew dang near the tree he was in. Was a very quick hunt the next morning!
60% of the time it works every time!

hunter85

Quote from: gatrapper on May 05, 2021, 12:10:27 PM
Artillery Fire
surprisingly I did not experience this, I hunted in Hopkinsville Kentucky two weeks ago and they were going like crazy on the army base. You could feel it in your chest every time it would boom, I was shocked that nothing gobbled to it I would have thought every bird in the county would have busted off to it.

wchadw

Me sneezing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter85

I hunt a wma that is on the back side of a small town that the bird only seem to shock gobble to is donkeys or when the fire truck and ambulance sirens when they get called out of the substation.

Cowboy

I was roosting birds a couple of weeks ago. This guy quarter mile away was working on his truck. He would rev it up and then let off. The gobbler would gobble at it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hotspur

This year , had a tom with a twelve inch beard gobble at my foot splash water