OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Grounded Turkey Vest

Started by ScottTaulbee, May 04, 2021, 10:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottTaulbee

Has anyone had any hunting experience with this vest?. If so is it pretty adjustable?. Comfortable?. Made well?. I'd hate to give 200$ for a turkey vest but at the money I've spent trying to find one that really suits me that would be a bargain if it's the one to tick all the boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanders153

I just discovered it yesterday, and talked with a member who has experience with it. He said it's awesome. After looking at it myself, I believe him. I waiting till they restock it in Bottomland then give it a shot. It is USA made, and has a hydration bladder spot among some other good features.

I agree it is alot of cash, but I think this one will be worth it

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Sanders153 on May 05, 2021, 12:27:25 AM
I just discovered it yesterday, and talked with a member who has experience with it. He said it's awesome. After looking at it myself, I believe him. I waiting till they restock it in Bottomland then give it a shot. It is USA made, and has a hydration bladder spot among some other good features.

I'm waiting for bottomland myself. I can't seem to find one that fits right or that has pockets in the right spot, or that don't drive me crazy. I really like how it's all contained and no pockets sticking out. I think it'd be fantastic

Gawhitaker

I've been looking to replace my 1990-s model for some time now, haven't found anything that tripped my trigger, this may be the ticket.. thanks

roosterstraw

This vest looks really nice. Only thing I question would be accessing the bottom pots...looks like they may be difficult to remove with pots in the upper sleeve.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: roosterstraw on May 05, 2021, 06:11:34 AM
This vest looks really nice. Only thing I question would be accessing the bottom pots...looks like they may be difficult to remove with pots in the upper sleeve.
I agree, I normally only carry 2 pots any way. 3 if I'm feeling froggy, if you carried all 4 I could see the problem. But from my understanding the pocket unzips mostly all the way

Cowboy

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on May 05, 2021, 12:36:30 AM

I'm waiting for bottomland myself. I can't seem to find one that fits right or that has pockets in the right spot, or that don't drive me crazy. I really like how it's all contained and no pockets sticking out. I think it'd be fantastic

Any idea on timeframe for Bottomland??

ScottTaulbee

From the website it says may 15th

Cowboy

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on May 05, 2021, 11:55:27 PM
From the website it says may 15th

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

I haven't seen where it's made in the USA. I seen on the website that it's sourced globally but never seen mention of USA made. If so that would be an even bigger driving force to buy it

Sanders153

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on May 06, 2021, 10:47:35 PM

I haven't seen where it's made in the USA. I seen on the website that it's sourced globally but never seen mention of USA made. If so that would be an even bigger driving force to buy it

Forum member TurkeyKiller22 is the maker of it, he has a thread called made in the USA a few rows down from this one. I was told from the friend who showed me to it, that it was made here by him. To get confirmation though, one could PM turkeykiller and ask for sure

bobk

I contacted Grounded Brand directly several months ago and inquired about the assembly  location  of their vest.

Their reply was the vest is manufactured in China.

Sanders153

Man.. that's a bummer then

Dazzler

Quote from: bobk on May 07, 2021, 09:24:05 AM
I contacted Grounded Brand directly several months ago and inquired about the assembly  location  of their vest.

Their reply was the vest is manufactured in China.
Thanks for the info. Not sure how it got in my head that this was made in the US.

G-dub

Got mine a couple of weeks ago and really like it.  You can tell they put a lot of thought into the vest for hunting functionality.  The adjustments are endless, although you may have to readjust as the straps can loosen.  Four pot call pockets are more than most vests.  The only critique with them is that the elastic on the slots is tight.  It takes some loosening up to easily get a thicker call in the pocket.  Four striker slots are nice and there is plenty of pocket space if you want to carry more. I don't use the seat cushion a lot but it is comfortable and the magnet that keeps the seat on your back when not in use is great.  Far better than most seat configurations.  I really like the location of the diaphragm and locator call pockets.  Quick and easy.
Overall the vest is a great use of space and has a ton of functionality and adjustability.  It's pricey but I feel like it will last. Heck for the amount of time and money that we put into chasing birds, what's a few extra bucks over the course of several seasons.