OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Dymondwood Striker?

Started by BDeal, April 25, 2021, 12:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

I would like to get a nice dymondwood striker as I had one go bad. I'm considering the one from hooks. Are there any suggestions here and what are the thoughts on the flared vs standard tip?

Thank You!

Harty

The Rutland Dymondwoods from Hooks are made by Neal Herrman. I have four of his and they play well on multiple surfaces. I don't think you would be disappointed . I prefer a flared tip. Personal preference.

Wigsplitter

Jimmy Shaffer of oak ridge custom calls makes a jam up 2 piece dymondwood!!

Greg Massey

I have 2 of Neal's and to solve the problem of which one to get, i got both Str and flare tip.. he probably has the largest collection of the wood left.. I have one that Clay Townsend made and it's really nice striker..

Happy hooker

I haven't found a call yet that didn't work with a David Halloran DW striker,,and their cheap

Meleagris gallopavo

I have quite a few Dymondwood strikers from different makers.  The Neal Herrman one's are great as previously mentioned.  Derrick Stuckey at Obsession Custom Calls also has a good selection of Dymondwood strikers that perform well. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

SwampRooster17

Recently picked up a Torman dymondwood that will run with the best!

eddie234

I agree Neals strikers are the best. That's all I carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wchadw

Matt McLain

Big Jeremy

I really like Neal's...so I would recommend you giving the one from Hooks a shot. It's probably my favorite of the dymondwoods that I have. Stuckey is a close second.

HookedonHooks

I would recommend a Jeff Harrison Frogwood. Bullfrog if you like a little weight up top.

Will be as good as any DW you can find and more replaceable if something happens, anyone that says different is simply sharing their opinion, albeit a wrong one.

bbcoach

My personal preference is a heavy dymondwood or frogwood.  I'm not a fan of Neal's strikers because they are turned too thin for me and are too light.  My 2 cents.

Sir-diealot

As others have said Neal's and then Derek Stuckey both flared.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

paboxcall

Quote from: SwampRooster17 on April 26, 2021, 09:07:25 AM
Recently picked up a Torman dymondwood that will run with the best!

:agreed:

Quote from: HookedonHooks on April 26, 2021, 12:22:53 PM
I would recommend a Jeff Harrison Frogwood. Bullfrog if you like a little weight up top.

:agreed:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

jamo

Lyman, lon trice,and torman all green dymondwood