OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Complete disrespect on public land?

Started by briton, April 06, 2021, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snood Life

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 06, 2021, 11:28:26 PM
I dont agree with what these azz clowns are doing and also their lack of ettiquet but wether you agree or not and no matter if you like it or not , in the end it is public. Go elsewhere or rathole money through the year to lease some private. It sucks but thats the world we now live in. I am waiting to see their youtube video.

This is what I do, I join a large deer club just so I can hunt the turkeys. Thankfully 95% of the members don't hunt turkeys.

Howie g

Doesn't sound like these particular pilgrims will be doing any damage to the gobbler population.
Give the spot a week break to let them clear out , then go back and get after the goons have moved on to another area .  The gobblers will still be there .
Ps , no sense in getting into a argument with the pilgrims .  No good outcome from that IMO .

Muzzy61

Quote from: Snood Life on April 07, 2021, 11:50:55 AM
I dont agree with what these azz clowns are doing and also their lack of ettiquet but wether you agree or not and no matter if you like it or not , in the end it is public. Go elsewhere or rathole money through the year to lease some private. It sucks but thats the world we now live in. I am waiting to see their youtube video.

This is what I do, I join a large deer club just so I can hunt the turkeys. Thankfully 95% of the members don't hunt turkeys.

^^^
Same here
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

bbcoach

Quote from: Snood Life on April 07, 2021, 11:50:55 AM

I hunt a lease as well but last year with COVID everybody that had never hunted turkeys before and plenty of time off were in the woods.  I had a clown that came in 3 days straight, AFTER SUNRISE and drive past me on a dead end road, turn around and drive right back out.  I had parked on the road about a mile away, all 3 days, and walked into the setup.  Finally on the third day, I confronted him after he came in and parked less than 50 yards from me, got out grabbed decoys and decided he was going to hunt right where I was concealed AFTER SUNRISE again!  I approached him and scared him half to death.  He apologized and said, I've never hunted turkeys before.  I told him he needed to honor vehicles already parked, don't come in late (after sunrise) and don't drive to within 50 yards of where you plan to hunt, make a bunch of noise and expect to see any birds.  I told him you have to scout before the season and put in some boot leather time (walk to your setup), if you plan on seeing birds.  It's not just on PUBLIC land Guys.  Hopefully these guys will be back to WORK this spring and not ruin hunts for others.

Heavy Load

I'd reverse roles and do the same to them, let them lead stay back about 100 yards or so hooting and hollering and see how they like it.

Dog will hunt, dog will hunt.

There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.

Dtrkyman

I had some poor excuses for hunters this past winter in Arizona on a deer hunt, after passing three spots I usually park due to other vehicles i found a spot with nobody there.

Hunted for the evening and came out to find a complete camp set up right next to my truck and 6 guys preparing to hunt for a few days, they were pleasant enough and seemed to have no clue what they did, I should have gave em what for but just decided to leave, wasn't my primary spot.

A few days later I get to my primary spot and head out, hunt till mid day and after seeing guys all over decided to bail on that area, get to the truck and 3 others parked in the same spot.

I have hunted public a lot over the years and have to say most encounters are good, the bad ones just stand out!

Cowboy

I wont hunt around clowns like that. Search out a new area or hunt at times when they aren't there. My Dad, brother, and I had some clowns like that a few years ago. We were there first. Three of us mind you. These guys parked right beside us at daylight. My Dad and I decided to leave and not put up with this junk. My brother Jesse however, wanted to stay and hunt. Thought the fist fight was going to be between bro and my Dad. Lol

mtns2hunt

Quote from: warrent423 on April 07, 2021, 08:47:21 PM
They would have been warned the first time. Second time I would have walked back to their trucks and lit them on fire and then gladly been bailed out of jail later that day. Do this a few times and you would be amazed at how that reputation follows you. No more problems from the ignorant. ;) Not afraid of confrontation one bit, when dealing with idiots. I'm stupid like that.

Probably unemployed as well LOL!
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

CodyF

Meh, it's public land they have just as much right to be out there as you do. I don't get upset about anything like that, I guess I get irritated but don't get upset enough to give it very much thought anymore. Who cares.

Also, you say you wanted to "square up" to these dudes, well probably good you didn't, not because you would go to jail but because you'd probably be drinking through a straw for a while. And for everyone that says they would take. Vengeance on these dudes, shame on you, be an adult, what's the big deal? Keep hunting or go somewhere else no biggie.

briton

Quote from: CodyF on April 07, 2021, 09:47:46 PM
Meh, it's public land they have just as much right to be out there as you do. I don't get upset about anything like that, I guess I get irritated but don't get upset enough to give it very much thought anymore. Who cares.

Also, you say you wanted to "square up" to these dudes, well probably good you didn't, not because you would go to jail but because you'd probably be drinking through a straw for a while. And for everyone that says they would take. Vengeance on these dudes, shame on you, be an adult, what's the big deal? Keep hunting or go somewhere else no biggie.

Haha, wouldn't be my first rodeo. Yea lets be adults and not have to park on top of somebody on a dead end road gate with less than 40 acres in the area, have courtesy and respect for whoever is there first, and have the common sense to go somewhere else if they are already there and made it clear where they are going. It's ok though, when it happens again let's just say they will have an interesting hunt. Just because you have the right to do something, doesn't always make it the right thing to do.

sasquatch1

Quote from: CodyF on April 07, 2021, 09:47:46 PM

The problem is people like them bank on the good guys always giving in.

It's why is good guys are slowly losing our rights! The low down ppl have the loudest voices and the least to lose and we hand it right over day in and day out because it's "just not worth it"

If our forefathers did only what was best for themselves at the time we'd all be British. Thank god they understood that they may lose their life but they'd preserve freedom for their offspring and others for centuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eggshell

A lot of states have hunter harassment laws. This should qualify, although it was meant for anti- hunters it still applies to all harassment. I still would call the game warden and be sure bring up the safety and harassment issues. If he seems reluctant to help,  tell him your documenting everything and when something happens he will be on record as told. Most of these punks want no part of any law enforcement, it's a good chance they have drugs in the car.

mikejd

Some people are really just dumb. Sounds like this is your problem.
So far they didnot seam to be disrespectful. I would either move along or maybe you can school them a little maybe you can actually work with there stupidity. Anyway you can make a plan with them as to not disturb each other. If they are just POS then there is no hope. But by them saying we will just be over here we won't bother you there may be some hope. Maybe ask how long they have been hunting turkeys. Maybe you can advise what not to do. Some people are just knitwhits.

Howie g

JMalin

Good Lord, I'd find a new spot or take a week off and hunt a different state