OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sometimes you can save one.

Started by callmakerman, April 01, 2021, 05:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

Spent some time turning a few today. All was going well till I decided to turn a snakewood stick. Long story short a chunk popped off. Needless to say I wasn't happy but it happens plenty when turning snakewood. Stopped the lathe to see how bad it was and figured I may be able to save it. This one worked out well. Doesn't always end that way.

Bedge7767

Jim

sbbow

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Very nice Bill, I ran that glass/ aluminum call you made me today in 20 to 25 mile a hour gusty, no bird but it sure cut threw the wind! that thing has some bad azz rasp!

Beards and Hooks

Great looking sticks Bill, bet you were relieved it was salvageable being snakewood.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

BTH

Phil 4:13

Chris O

ChesterCopperpot

That carbon tip of yours never leaves my vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

My Lyman snakewood is the best striker I own.  Paid off last week in GA paired with a Larry Halford persimmon red slate over aluminum.  The striker runs on everything it touches.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

callmakerman

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on April 02, 2021, 10:46:20 AM
Great looking sticks Bill, bet you were relieved it was salvageable being snakewood.
Your not kidding. Had one blow up on the lathe two weeks ago. I look it over good before I start turning. Just never know with this stuff when you start. Thanx all for the kind words and pics of dead turkey's . Nothing better than that this time of year.

turkey stew

Chris O

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 02, 2021, 08:19:01 PM
My Lyman snakewood is the best striker I own.  Paid off last week in GA paired with a Larry Halford persimmon red slate over aluminum.  The striker runs on everything it touches.
Nice bird Bill and Larry both do excellent work. What did you do get tired of killing them with a scratch box? lol hope you kill a bunch more

callmakerman

Quote from: Chris O on April 20, 2021, 09:11:07 PM
Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 02, 2021, 08:19:01 PM
Nice bird Bill and Larry both do excellent work. What did you do get tired of killing them with a scratch box? lol hope you kill a bunch more
Can you ever get tired of killing birds with a scratch box. For me that will never get old.