OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How do you eat your Turkey

Started by mtns2hunt, March 30, 2021, 10:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyN

Ground 4-5lbs with 1lb of bacon ends and put on the grill with some sweet chipotle seasoning.

albrubacker

Chili is becoming our new favorite.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Cut N Run

Cut the breast into 1" cubes, then marinate in Teriyaki Marinade in the refrigerator overnight.  Skewer cubes and grill until corners are dark.  Also, skin a pineapple and slice into spears lengthwise.  Grill pineapple spears as the turkey is cooking.  Enjoy some trophy eating!

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Cut N Run on April 02, 2021, 08:15:07 PM
Cut the breast into 1" cubes, then marinate in Teriyaki Marinade in the refrigerator overnight.  Skewer cubes and grill until corners are dark.  Also, skin a pineapple and slice into spears lengthwise.  Grill pineapple spears as the turkey is cooking.  Enjoy some trophy eating!

Jim

I agree on the pineapple. Grilling really brings out the sweetness. I'm not so sure about the Teriyaki Marinade as it has never agreed with me. Thanks for the input!!
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

gmbellew

wings/legs get turned into soup, potpie, or something else slow cooked. thighs get deboned and ground for chili, tacos, etc. the breast gets smoked, turned into fajitas, sliced up and pounded for fried cutlets and gravy and mashed potatoes, or any chicken recipe of your choice.

Snoodsniper

Cut into cubes and marinate for a couple days. Then make kabobs with whole mushrooms, onion, red/green peppers and grill. Pretty hard to beat..

ChiefBubba

Last one I did I ground it was some good fat and then made empanadas out of them. I bake them in the oven but if you have the fryer they're good fried. Bubba

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Snoodsniper on April 03, 2021, 09:20:25 PM
Cut into cubes and marinate for a couple days. Then make kabobs with whole mushrooms, onion, red/green peppers and grill. Pretty hard to beat..

Have to try this one for sure. We do this with beef and Bone suckin sauce. Sauce just carmalizes and gives a super sweet taste.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Snoodsniper

Quote from: mtns2hunt on April 03, 2021, 10:27:03 PM
Quote from: Snoodsniper on April 03, 2021, 09:20:25 PM

Have to try this one for sure. We do this with beef and Bone suckin sauce. Sauce just carmalizes and gives a super sweet taste.
I like to marinate in Lupos original but italian dressing or state fair will do.

Cottonmouth

For the breast, our favorite is fried nuggets. Legs and thighs, treat them like a beef pot roast. Potatoes,  carrots and onions in the crock pot.