turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How do you eat your Turkey

Started by mtns2hunt, March 30, 2021, 10:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtns2hunt

Just finished an old post about all the different game everyone prefers. Made me very hungry especially the one about young gray squirrel with biscuts and gravy. As it is Turkey season and everyone is geared up to hunt I was wondering what your favorite recipes are. I would certainly like to try some thing new this year. Had some great Turkey tots in New Mexico a couple years ago.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

owlhoot

Mainly nuggets just fried.
I too would like to see more and please post them in the turkey hunting tips recipes section after here.

Greg Massey

Fried with milk gravy and biscuits

Dtrkyman

I cut the breast into serving sized steaks, olive oil salt pepper and grill, amazing!  Also pound em flat and make a schnitzel, yum!

Thighs and drums for soup.

RutnNStrutn

I used to do fried nuggets, then my wife - aka. Paula Dean Jr, turned me on to her fabulous home made, wild turkey pot pie!!!!! Let me tell ya boys, it's awesome!!! On occasion I also use the turkey breast for any chicken based recipe you can think of. The only limit is your imagination!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

jwm1485

I smoke the breast with rub that is heavy on pepper.

Howie g

Marinated with a Cajun butter sauce , then fried is good . We ate  some last night !
But my favorite is turkey wraps ,  filet small strips , stuff with cream cheese and jalapeƱos then wrap with bacon . Cooked on pit or in oven. When the bacon is done , they ready to eat .

Sungrazer

Really hoping I can make wild Turkey enchilada casserole this year. Got the recipe from a Hunting Public video from two years ago. Had to cook the legs and thighs for 18 hours in the crock pot to get it to fall off the bone- but man it was worth it!

Happy

I just skin the whole bird. Inject with a creole seasoning, butter and water mixture then cold smoke for about 6 hours. Then I debone everything and dredge in flour, fry in more butter and creole seasoning. Even the dark meat is delicious. Planning on doing one Friday for some family coming in from Chicago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

J.D. Shellnut

I like making fajitas out of it. Or brown it and cook it down with potatoes and cream of mushroom soup.
60% of the time it works every time!

eddie234

Cut the breast up into bit size nuggets, marinated in Italian dressing overnight wrapped in bacon then grilled. Use tooth picks or spaghetti to hold the bacon on. Served with ramps and fried potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

stinkpickle

Usually fried nuggets or strips, but my favorite is a tossup between turkey pot pie and turkey and noodles.

Sixes

Usually fried nuggets, but sometimes I will coat a breast with olive oil and Yardbird rub and smoke it on my EGG.

Gooserbat

I like to turn them into fajitas or I make turkey, bacon, cream cheese and jalapeno poppers.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.