OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Camo

Started by mountaineer long beard, March 26, 2021, 08:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Mossyoak, for all seasons.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Meleagris gallopavo

Although I don't think it matters a whole lot I use Mossy Oak Obsession.  By the time the season opens here there's some green already and the smilax briars and gallberry bushes are evergreens.  I typically buy all my hunting clothes when they go on sale after the season ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

boomer

Mossy Oak bottomland or greenleaf.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jcfd142

Bottomland, Greenleaf and Obsession NWTF

huntineveryday

My most successful pattern is "shut up and sit still"...

I hunt varied terrain in Nebraska, from river bottom to pastures, and for hunting everything from turkeys to deer, to waterfowl. I like firstlite fusion, but don't own much of it yet. I think natural gear blends about as well as anything over varied terrain, but it doesn't seem to come in as good materials.

Johnhunter21

It is somewhat a newer camo, but I like Realtree Timber.

rstewart8706

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on March 27, 2021, 09:51:04 AM
By the time the season opens here there's some green already and the smilax briars and gallberry bushes are evergreens.  I typically buy all my hunting clothes when they go on sale after the season ends.

Same holds true where I am.  Blackberries already have leaves, dogwoods will be in full bloom by the weekend and plenty of trees are beginning to get leaves.  I can't wait until Saturday!

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 26, 2021, 11:15:19 AM
My favorite camo pattern is called "whatever is on sale".

X-2. Walmart, nuttin but the best!  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Johnhunter21 on March 28, 2021, 10:57:56 PM
It is somewhat a newer camo, but I like Realtree Timber.
I like that RT Timber too! Good all around pattern.

High plains drifter

jwm1485

I wear bottomland now but might get a mossy oak treestand set.

budtripp

Always liked bottomland, greenleaf and old school obsession. I often find myself wearing whatever is warm/cool enough for the conditions with my old cabelas realtree leafy suit over the top however. This season I've found a couple pairs of first lite corrugate pants as well as a pair of kuiu attacks. I think I'm going to enjoy them for active spring hunting. I might wear my old cotton bibs occasionally as well if its not too wet out. They're comfy, but I hate the feel of wet cotton against my skin, and it takes forever to dry out. My thoughts these days are more on the material and design of the clothes versus pattern.

Cowboy

Got a little bit of everything seems like, but I prefer Mossy Oak. Bottomland, Treestand, and Obsession. Don't  think the turkeys prefer one over the other though.

Mossberg90MN

Bottomland, and then I switch to a leafy top from cabelas about the end of mid season.

Which Gun

I still have some Moth Wing camo. Not made anymore that a can find. Blends right in in my area during turkey season.