turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dave Smith Decoys

Started by ScottTaulbee, March 14, 2021, 11:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottTaulbee

The one on the left is the first one with the beak problem and off head color, the right one is the blue back

Blue back in the yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

I've decided I'm just not ordering from them again, I'm not fooling with customer service anymore. I will have my buddy that has his own body shop airbrush over the blue on the back, and be done with it

ScottTaulbee

I typically don't use decoys but it's her first year so I figured I'd get what are supposedly the best available to have all the help I can get to take attention from her

slicksbeagles1

I personally would not let them off that easy. When you spend your hard earned money on something you expect it to be right. I bought a hen Jake pair approximately 8 years ago and they look like easterns. After spending that money I usually don't use them as much now and if I do it's the hen. I have had turkeys not come in because I think the Jake intimidates them because they are huge.

TonyTurk

If the DSDs aren't working out for you, take a look at Deception Decoy Co. out of Kansas.  Some fine looking dekes in their own right.

mudhen

The 2nd one looks fine to me...

The paint scheme is the look they are going for with 3/4 Strut Jake white face...

Send them both back and move on to a different brand if you don't like them...

I bet both will eventually be beat to sheit eventually!

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

hush

Sell one? Interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: mudhen on March 17, 2021, 06:44:43 PM

The paint scheme is the look they are going for with 3/4 Strut Jake white face...

I guess I've just never seen a turkey decoy with bright blue on the back. And the second one will get use for sure, right after I fix that blue lol

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: hush on March 17, 2021, 08:20:40 PM
Sell one? Interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm keeping one and the other went back to DSD yesterday

albrubacker

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on March 15, 2021, 02:48:09 PM
I typically don't use decoys but it's her first year so I figured I'd get what are supposedly the best available to have all the help I can get to take attention from her

Thats awesome, getting the young one involed! Nothing like watching them pull the trigger.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Turkeytider

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on March 17, 2021, 10:33:28 PM
Quote from: mudhen on March 17, 2021, 06:44:43 PM

I guess I've just never seen a turkey decoy with bright blue on the back. And the second one will get use for sure, right after I fix that blue lol

I`d lay you odds that that decoy will bring in a turkey regardless of the blue on its back ! Good luck!