OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: The Happy Eggshell Challenge Cup  (Read 16481 times)

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
The Happy Eggshell Challenge Cup
« on: March 14, 2021, 10:24:13 PM »
Okay fellers, here's the deal.  Me and old eggshell and happy have been goin' at it for years on this forum.  Although we have never laid eyes on each other, I think it would be safe to say that we have become long-distance friends over time.  I am hoping all of the Snood Snatchers (or whoever we end up being) will join in and keep this in the light-hearted spirit it is intended to be. 

This little challenge we are doing is just some good fun between friends.  I am hoping all of the team will take part in our little bet and join in here with some good-natured ribbing.  These two are really good guys, but they have mistakenly assumed that the ineptitude I have displayed over the years will somehow be contagious to the rest of the team.  I don't want to put any pressure on my teammates, but it is pretty much up to you guys to prove them wrong.   ;D

We kind of hashed out some details in the "choosing a team name and captain" thread, so you can take a look there if you wanna.  We'll clarify as needed as we go along.  In the meantime, rest assured that I will change the rules as needed throughout the contest to make sure we end up winning!   ;D 

Offline ManfromGreenSwamp

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: The Happy Eggshell Challenge Cup
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 10:33:55 PM »
So, what’s the wager. I’ve tried to pay attention but I’ve been in and out. Ahhh, I don’t care what the wager is...I’m in. Nobody beats photoshop!!!

I typically take good birds here but now that I’ve open my mouth and am being competitive in a snood snatching team, and now even more so here with this side bet,  I’ll likely not even see a bird ! (Insert early excuse above)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“First one to the carcass gets the most”
-T.Farley

“I’m livin ta rest, I was born tired”
-B.Button

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 10:53:41 PM »
So, what’s the wager. I’ve tried to pay attention but I’ve been in and out. Ahhh, I don’t care what the wager is...I’m in. Nobody beats photoshop!!!

Happy offered me .0000001 as my contract for the team (I had mentioned I would settle for six figures beforehand).  I don't know if that's in dollars or cents, but regardless, I have committed my entire contract amount to the two of them if they should win the bet by some gigantic fluke of good fortune. 

Don't worry, if they do happen to win, I will cover that whole bet myself.  You guys are off the hook! 

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 10:56:54 PM »
Thank god!

I’d have to take a loan out. Us gov employees don’t make much, so this turkey hunting gimmick is actually gathering supper.

Can we start season early for a -10point deduction? Asking for a friend...

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 07:07:26 AM »
What do you mean start early, like 4:00 am. Be careful roost shooting, it might be a buzzard and if you shoot it you gotta count it  :funnyturkey:

Offline notsure

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 10:23:38 AM »
" In the meantime, rest assured that I will change the rules as needed throughout the contest to make sure we end up winning!   ;D  "

Any Calvin & Hobbes fans out there? This "challenge" sounds a lot like Calvin Ball to me!

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 12:13:11 PM »
" In the meantime, rest assured that I will change the rules as needed throughout the contest to make sure we end up winning!   ;D  "

Any Calvin & Hobbes fans out there? This "challenge" sounds a lot like Calvin Ball to me!
Why does this not surprise me? I kinda expect that out of a bunch of limb lifting, 70 yard shooting, tent dwellin, fake turkey totin, nuckledraggers. Eggshell I believe they are attempting to drag us into the mud and beat us through experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline Swamp

• Dying ain't much of a livin.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 01:29:05 PM »

Hey, I may be the only knuckledragger in here I can't speak for the rest of the group yet but I will say this I can assure you there will be no fake turkey totin  going on with this team idk how yall boys get by with but that's neither here nor there.
Why does this not surprise me? I kinda expect that out of a bunch of limb lifting, 70 yard shooting, tent dwellin, fake turkey totin, nuckledraggers. Eggshell I believe they are attempting to drag us into the mud and beat us through experience.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 01:44:52 PM »
Anybody want to try to guess how many times my left knee goes out of socket this season? It is approaching 40 times since July 27th of this past year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 03:43:06 PM »
Anybody want to try to guess how many times my left knee goes out of socket this season? It is approaching 40 times since July 27th of this past year.
To the left or to the right? We hope not backwards? We can fix that with some duct tape and a few 2x4's. Seen it done once with a fellow that busted his ankle falling from a deerstand. He did great on those crutches till he hit the waxed floor in the emergency room.....

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 04:08:01 PM by Happy »

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 04:45:32 PM »

Hey, I may be the only knuckledragger in here I can't speak for the rest of the group yet but I will say this I can assure you there will be no fake turkey totin  going on with this team idk how yall boys get by with but that's neither here nor there.

No worries, there will be none of the above from me. I just take a turkey call or 3, a shotgun and some shells and my stunning good looks when I turkey hunt.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 04:56:06 PM »
To the left or to the right? We hope not backwards? We can fix that with some duct tape and a few 2x4's. Seen it done once with a fellow that busted his ankle falling from a deerstand. He did great on those crutches till he hit the waxed floor in the emergency room.....

Left knee, left side of bone only dislocating. Whole knee shifts around when I squat then though, using soap on a rope a lot, reminds me of my younger years in jail.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 05:25:10 PM »
Well, I hope it starts to mend. My wife works in therapy and her top 3 things are diet(no carbs,additives ect,meat protein), excersize and staying at a healthy weight. If she can get people to do that then they almost always improve. Getting them to do it is the frustrating part for her.

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2021, 05:56:36 PM »

EXPERIENCE?!
You bess watch your tongue mister!!!! I ain’t got no sperience in my whole body!

-T.Farley

-B.Button

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2021, 08:14:49 PM »
Well, I hope it starts to mend. My wife works in therapy and her top 3 things are diet(no carbs,additives ect,meat protein), excersize and staying at a healthy weight. If she can get people to do that then they almost always improve. Getting them to do it is the frustrating part for her.

I am on that basic diet now and exercising as I can. I sure miss lifting weights, my equipment is going to waste.

John Koenig: