OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: The Happy Eggshell Challenge Cup  (Read 16482 times)

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
Re: The Happy Eggshell Challenge Cup
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2021, 11:57:02 PM »
I kinda expect that out of a bunch of limb lifting, 70 yard shooting, tent dwellin, fake turkey totin, nuckledraggers. 

You forgot "reapers and fanners", but other than that, you got us covered.   :toothy12: :toothy9: :toothy12:

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 07:40:09 AM »
I kinda expect that out of a bunch of limb lifting, 70 yard shooting, tent dwellin, fake turkey totin, nuckledraggers. 

You forgot "reapers and fanners", but other than that, you got us covered.   :toothy12: :toothy9: :toothy12:

And feeder commandos. Picture this, a wood shelter (called a blind, but looking more like a small house), a messaging  recliner, a big screen TV with headphones, A light that flashes when the feeder goes off and a permanent gun bench so you don't even have to hold your gun and of course an optional electronic call you can run with a remote in the recliner. True "A" team Old school hunting. Us poor hillbillys are just thrilled to have a moth ridden camo shirt, a rusty old single shot, a hand me down mouth call ( found in the pocket of a man at the hospital where our wife works as a janitor) and an old box call we found along the road with one side busted. Still we'll kill our old tom, and he be a biggun

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2021, 09:04:35 AM »

And feeder commandos. Picture this, a wood shelter (called a blind, but looking more like a small house), a messaging  recliner, a big screen TV with headphones, A light that flashes when the feeder goes off and a permanent gun bench so you don't even have to hold your gun and of course an optional electronic call you can run with a remote in the recliner. True "A" team Old school hunting. Us poor hillbillys are just thrilled to have a moth ridden camo shirt, a rusty old single shot, a hand me down mouth call ( found in the pocket of a man at the hospital where our wife works as a janitor) and an old box call we found along the road with one side busted. Still we'll kill our old tom, and he be a biggun
You forgot about their laptop computer with satellite internet capabilities and that is hooked up to the gun on a special remote control gun rest so they can aim the gun and tap the screen on the cell phone to get it to shoot so they don't have to risk one of the floorboards in the "Blind" creaking.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 10:04:34 AM »
You forgot about their laptop computer with satellite internet capabilities and that is hooked up to the gun on a special remote control gun rest so they can aim the gun and tap the screen on the cell phone to get it to shoot so they don't have to risk one of the floorboards in the "Blind" creaking.

Now you've gone too far!  That's just not sporting!
...And I ALWAYS make sure those floorboards are glued down so they won't creak.  And another thing, you've always got to check that feeder to make sure it is full before you get in your shooting house and turn on the TV to watch the latest turkey huntin' YouTube videos while you're waiting for those gobblers to come to your perfect electronic calling!   :toothy9:

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 10:39:13 AM »

Now you've gone too far!  That's just not sporting!
...And I ALWAYS make sure those floorboards are glued down so they won't creak.  And another thing, you've always got to check that feeder to make sure it is full before you get in your shooting house and turn on the TV to watch the latest turkey huntin' YouTube videos while you're waiting for those gobblers to come to your perfect electronic calling!   :toothy9:
Man you guys have it good. Once season starts if my truck will start I plan on sliding out to one of my spots in WV. Its gonna be ugly, utv's running round everywhere with 22-250's loaded and ready. The fields will all be covered and any gobbler that opens his mouth is gonna have bullets smacking the tree around him. But I will persevere and snoop around with my single shot, open choked shotgun, clothes so old and torn I could be accused of baiting. With a little luck I might be able to "yep up" an onery old gobbler to within shootin range and take care of it. I may just decide to go to public ground just to avoid the craziness. That will involve a lot of uphill hiking but at least I can get some peace and quiet. Yep, the odds are stacked but I just think we might be able to pull the upset.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline ManfromGreenSwamp

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 11:10:41 AM »
Nuttin wrong with a true “one sider” box even if found roadside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“First one to the carcass gets the most”
-T.Farley

“I’m livin ta rest, I was born tired”
-B.Button

Offline leaf shaker

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 10:57:36 AM »
I'm in for the challenge.  :gobble:

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 06:36:56 PM »
If your hanging out with Gobblenut i would argue that your already "challenged".

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2021, 08:20:34 AM »
If your hanging out with Gobblenut i would argue that your already "challenged".

Yeah, but the flipside of that is that I make anybody that hangs out with me look really good in comparison.   :morning:

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2021, 08:53:40 AM »

Yeah, but the flipside of that is that I make anybody that hangs out with me look really good in comparison.   :morning:
Thats what I say about my golf game. Only invite me if you want to feel better about yourself.

Offline eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2021, 11:17:58 AM »
Oh my Gosh Happy if they make us hunt on a golf course we're in trouble....I played golf once and they asked me to leave the course.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2021, 02:06:08 PM »
I know what you mean eggshell. The last time I played, farmers were following behind me planting corn.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2021, 02:16:45 PM »
I know what you mean eggshell. The last time I played, farmers were following behind me planting corn.
Oh my Gosh Happy if they make us hunt on a golf course we're in trouble....I played golf once and they asked me to leave the course.

Heck, we might as well make you two guys honorary members of our team!  You guys on here more than most of our team members.  That's okay,...makes it easier for us to keep track of you two!   ;D

I think I'm gonna check with Shannon and see if he'll let us use a couple of your gobblers in our team score.  I think there is a rule that if a couple of Yahoos post more on your team site than the team members, you can use them as "substitutes".  ...kinda like the water boys at the end of the bench...    :toothy12: :toothy9: ;D

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2021, 05:13:01 PM »

Heck, we might as well make you two guys honorary members of our team!  You guys on here more than most of our team members.  That's okay,...makes it easier for us to keep track of you two!   ;D

I think I'm gonna check with Shannon and see if he'll let us use a couple of your gobblers in our team score.  I think there is a rule that if a couple of Yahoos post more on your team site than the team members, you can use them as "substitutes".  ...kinda like the water boys at the end of the bench...    :toothy12: :toothy9: ;D
I prefer being referred to as a hydration engineer as opposed to water boy.

Offline ManfromGreenSwamp

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2021, 08:44:44 PM »
Okay fine folks and Gobblenut...season kicks off here for me in central Florida on Saturday(i tried to count the hours but run out of body protrusions). Looking forward to hopefully using this scale i had to get from the fishing section of my local time machine that is our Walmart.

:turkey2:
“First one to the carcass gets the most”
-T.Farley

“I’m livin ta rest, I was born tired”
-B.Button