OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Call collections!  (Read 6477 times)

Offline boomer

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
Re: Call collections!
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2021, 08:22:46 PM »
Alright guys as we all count down the days till our season openers let's see those call collections.  And if you dont have a so called collection let's see what you will be taking to the woods this year. Mine had dwindled down since I enlisted I currently have 2 pot calls I made back in 2013/2014 and im currently trying to add a lights out ceramic.  I also added a spring creek short box and im running a mixture of mouth calls this year.  I'll edit this with some pictures of my calls here in a bit.
When did you enlist and in what branch? Just retired from the Army after 23 years and my calls have increased a lot.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I enlisted in 2014 and went into the Marines.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Nice man, stick it out if you can retirement is nice. Are you stationed in NC at Lejuene or Cherry Point? Just saw on your profile it said North Carolina.

Lejeune first time ive been stationed out here got out here in like June or July of 20

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I spent some time training at Lejeune in the mid 90's. Some fun memories especially from the Driftwood.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2021, 01:11:26 PM »
Didn't realize this was on the Team Hunting thread. I don't have a team this year didn't mean to be rude.

No rudeness involved.  All are welcome to participate here!   :D :icon_thumright:

Offline notsure

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2021, 05:29:44 PM »
Some of these collections are museum quality! I'm no collector, and aside from my Super Yelper, you could find any of my calls at your local sporting goods store.  That said, they all work for me. So, here they are. A Primos Box Cutter single-sided box call, a Woodhaven steel pot, and the aforementioned Super Yelper scratch box. The first two are primarily loud attention getters, while the Yelper is what I usually employ to finish the deal.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2021, 06:44:10 PM »
Some of these collections are museum quality! I'm no collector, and aside from my Super Yelper, you could find any of my calls at your local sporting goods store.  That said, they all work for me. So, here they are. A Primos Box Cutter single-sided box call, a Woodhaven steel pot, and the aforementioned Super Yelper scratch box. The first two are primarily loud attention getters, while the Yelper is what I usually employ to finish the deal.
I have the box cutter also it's a good call for the price

DE OPPRESSO LIBER