OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

oh that sounds nasty!

Started by drk9988, March 10, 2021, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drk9988

Quote from: outdoors on April 16, 2021, 05:35:08 PM
That's awesome  , you have a go-to call bud
Co n g r a d u l a t I o n
Thanks!
I heard you might have a grey slate over stainless or two or three

outdoors

Yup. Have another coming ..........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

hpo

Quote from: drk9988 on April 16, 2021, 05:12:15 PM
Well that grey slate over stainless really drove the turkeys wild for our opening day.... We killed 4 gobblers by noon all on public land. Grey over stainless from John Sinclair had the gobblers going wild. I guess it's the one for me that nasty call with no rollover  ::) that sounds like a degenerate playing a box call..I believe it's a sound they have never heard and they loved it.. Carry on.

So much for manipulating the call. Well done!!
Shoot'em in the Face!

drk9988

Quote from: hpo on April 17, 2021, 10:15:46 AM
Quote from: drk9988 on April 16, 2021, 05:12:15 PM
Well that grey slate over stainless really drove the turkeys wild for our opening day.... We killed 4 gobblers by noon all on public land. Grey over stainless from John Sinclair had the gobblers going wild. I guess it's the one for me that nasty call with no rollover  ::) that sounds like a degenerate playing a box call..I believe it's a sound they have never heard and they loved it.. Carry on.

So much for manipulating the call. Well done!!

No manipulation! Just a Rutland Striker and the Sinclair call. Only thing I manipulated was these poor gobblers.... All the talk about this striker and that striker and whatever else manipulation means. I only use a Rutland striker keeps it simple...Also one fellow talks about tin can and or sounds like copper or brass not what people want in a slate call...  Pretty much every call that gets great response for me has a metal soundboard.... Copper,brass,stainless and aluminum.... I choose slate over it cause it's easy to condition and stays conditioned for a long time.... They have the volume to get a response from a mile or two and the ability to whisper the sultry purrs and yelps when the birds close. Truly a do it all call....And.... Not every call maker can pull off the metal soundboards. John does especially if you know the woods to pick with your pairing or you buy prebuilt..