OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: oh that sounds nasty!  (Read 6668 times)

Offline drk9988

Re: oh that sounds nasty!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 05:57:47 PM »
That's awesome  , you have a go-to call bud
Co n g r a d u l a t I o n
Thanks!
I heard you might have a grey slate over stainless or two or three

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2021, 06:12:48 PM »
Yup. Have another coming ..........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline hpo

• they call me Hank
    • Gobbler Down Custom Calls - Facebook page
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2021, 10:15:46 AM »
Well that grey slate over stainless really drove the turkeys wild for our opening day.... We killed 4 gobblers by noon all on public land. Grey over stainless from John Sinclair had the gobblers going wild. I guess it's the one for me that nasty call with no rollover  ::) that sounds like a degenerate playing a box call..I believe it's a sound they have never heard and they loved it.. Carry on.

So much for manipulating the call. Well done!!
Shoot'em in the Face!

Offline drk9988

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2021, 04:56:36 PM »
Well that grey slate over stainless really drove the turkeys wild for our opening day.... We killed 4 gobblers by noon all on public land. Grey over stainless from John Sinclair had the gobblers going wild. I guess it's the one for me that nasty call with no rollover  ::) that sounds like a degenerate playing a box call..I believe it's a sound they have never heard and they loved it.. Carry on.

So much for manipulating the call. Well done!!

No manipulation! Just a Rutland Striker and the Sinclair call. Only thing I manipulated was these poor gobblers.... All the talk about this striker and that striker and whatever else manipulation means. I only use a Rutland striker keeps it simple...Also one fellow talks about tin can and or sounds like copper or brass not what people want in a slate call...  Pretty much every call that gets great response for me has a metal soundboard.... Copper,brass,stainless and aluminum.... I choose slate over it cause it's easy to condition and stays conditioned for a long time.... They have the volume to get a response from a mile or two and the ability to whisper the sultry purrs and yelps when the birds close. Truly a do it all call....And.... Not every call maker can pull off the metal soundboards. John does especially if you know the woods to pick with your pairing or you buy prebuilt..