Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Choosing a Team Name and Captain

Started by GobbleNut, March 07, 2021, 08:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

First thing we need to do is to decide on a team name.  I suppose we could just keep calling ourselves Team A, but that is not too original,...and pretty generic.  So, I would say that anybody that wants to propose a team name do so and we can discuss and take a vote if needed. 

Secondly, we need to choose an "official" team captain to represent the squad.  This has to be a team effort, so everybody should consider themselves "co-captains", but we have to designate one guy to officially represent us when needed. 

Personally, I have no problem helping out with the stuff that needs to be done, but I am also going to be gone a lot during the spring season and, as such, will not be available all the time.  We need someone that will be checking in often and  can keep all of our "ducks in a row" throughout the season.  Someone  needs to step up to the plate and volunteer based on that, so if you are willing to "front" the team, let us know.   

Swamp

I can captain If needed. But agree that everyone should be a co captain. It can be alot to keep up with the main thing is making sure we each know the rules and follow them to a T and we shouldn't run into any issues. It's always the photos of the measurements that get questioned so be sure you take quality photos of the measurements of your bird.

RiverBuck

As far as name.. Here's a couple that could work,
Three Toes
Sharp Spurs
Cackle Brothers
Flop Masters
These are just suggestions off the top of my head... I don't care what the team name will be.

I agree w co-captains talk and getting dialed in w the rules so everything is totally legit.

I'm also one that will be gone quite a bit but shouldn't have any issue with chasing the birds behind my farm here in Virginia a couple times a week but I'm not going to put my name in the hat for Captain. With that said, I'll help out as much as I can with anything that needs to be done regarding the team and not be dead money.

boomer

I'm good with any team name. Just a couple ideas
Three Toe Mafia
Ridge Runners
Roost Raiders

RiverBuck

Looks like we have some talent.. We could keep it simple and call us the A Team

ManfromGreenSwamp

You guys are awesome for taking charge and leading the way with this stuff. I'm all for co-captain, as we all are busy ESPECIALLY with season kicking off lol(if they are gobbling then we won't be scrolling here haha).

It's funny, I was thinking A Team when Shannon announced and Riverbuck said that. "A Team", trying to figure out which one is Hannibal. Or, just "a team" in this contest.

We can still get a chopper and cool van either way, right?? If not, my vote is with the Roost Raiders, cool name.

My season here in La Florida starts March 20th. Will we have a printable document like some other teams for photos? I need to go back and refresh myself on all the rules.

Thanks again guys, looking forward to this....now all I'll see is jakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

GobbleNut

Swamp has volunteered to be the official captain of the team.  Unless there are objections from others that are just dyin' to be in that position, I would suggest we make him our front man. 

As for team names, I don't really care, but here are some other possibilities that have come to mind for your consideration:

The first three here are to make sure we are "endeared" to the other teams and OG members:   ;D
"The Fanboyz"  ....Our motto:  "Calls?! We don't need no stinking calls!!"
"Reapin'NGrinnin"   ...Same motto
"Shoot'em at Seventy"  ...Motto:  "We don't pay $10 each for these shells for nuthin!" 

Here's some others that might not be so controversial:
"Call'em N Choot'em"
"Turkey Nugget Posse"

And finally, my personal favorite...
"GobzillaKillas"
:newmascot:    :newmascot:    :newmascot:    :newmascot:   

Swamp

Bridger

I'm good with co-captains and will be sure to follow the posting/pic rules.  This is my first time on a team, looking forward to the season.

Not hung up on any name put out so far, but how about "Team Longbeard"?  Maybe too obvious? 

"The A Team" sounds good, we just gotta deliver!

Sir-diealot

I am cool with Roost Raider's or Snood Snatchers, though as a Steelers fan having Raider's in the name is going to be hard on me.
Edit: I am not digging Shoot'em at Seventy even a little bit.
Sent from my S30U+  Tapatalk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RiverBuck

I saw and found humor in Shoot'em at Seventy... Nailed the motto!
But then again, I find laughter in most aspects of life.

I like Gobzillakillas as well.

RiverBuck

Swamp, thanks for stepping up as Captain.
I'll be reporting for duty in a few weeks.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 08, 2021, 10:36:16 PM
Edit: I am not digging Shoot'em at Seventy even a little bit.
Quote from: RiverBuck on March 09, 2021, 07:41:04 AM
I saw and found humor in Shoot'em at Seventy... Nailed the motto!
But then again, I find laughter in most aspects of life.

I like Gobzillakillas as well.

Apparently, I will have to be more clear about my attempts at satirical humor in the future.  Folks learn over time not to take some of the stuff I say too seriously.   ;D :angel9:

Kdp1080

I like...3 ToE Mafia.... For the team name

ManfromGreenSwamp

Since Sir-diealot is an ol' timer and doesn't get out much, I say we fellow members must step up to the plate and fill those tags too !!!??? It's not an easy job, but someone's gotta do it...

I chuckled at the 70 name.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button