OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Choosing a Team Name and Captain  (Read 6874 times)

Online eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Choosing a Team Name and Captain
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2021, 11:47:11 AM »
Maybe someone needs to poke him and see if he's alive. It's time to be out of hibernation. I'm fine with guesswho....deal. You ever hear that song Devil went  down to Georgia. "well you-all might be pretty good but we're the best that's ever been", now you might have to define what we're best at, but that doesn't really matter right now. Until opening day we're all champions.

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2021, 12:19:30 PM »
Maybe someone needs to poke him and see if he's alive. It's time to be out of hibernation. I'm fine with guesswho....deal. You ever hear that song Devil went  down to Georgia. "well you-all might be pretty good but we're the best that's ever been", now you might have to define what we're best at, but that doesn't really matter right now. Until opening day we're all champions.
I am sure he will be along in a bit. Prolly got another hog in his rear naked chokehold and has his hands and legs full.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2021, 01:47:22 PM »

Me and my huntin' buddies have a club called "The LIOOM's",...stands for "Legends In Our Own Minds".  ...Pretty exclusive membership,...we don't let just any old Yahoo in, but I'm beginning to think we need to expand our membership to include a few folks that frequent OG.   ;D 

Online eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2021, 07:02:20 AM »
things that make you go hmmmm

Me and my huntin' buddies have a club called "The LIOOM's",...stands for "Legends In Our Own Minds".  ...Pretty exclusive membership,...we don't let just any old Yahoo in, but I'm beginning to think we need to expand our membership to include a few folks that frequent OG.   ;D 

My buddy and I have an old saying when we go into the woods, "Old gobbler, your about to have a bad day and don't even know it". Sometimes he flips the script on us

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2021, 03:43:15 PM »
I am a legend in Japan. Got a shirt somewhere that says so. I Need to dig that out.

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2021, 09:22:14 AM »
Arightly, looks like it's eggshell and I. Here's how I see it. We both score 2 birds each. Average those scores(thats where we add our 2 scores together and divide by 2)and then multiply our average by 4.5. That will put us even with your guys requirements of 9 birds for your team score. No scoring pictures required just a gentleman's agreement. Don't hurt your head trying to figure out my math Gobblenut. I just took a test that required some extensive math so I am pretty confident its right. If we have a higher score than your team we win a whole bunch of nothing and if your score is higher you win a whole bunch of nothing. I do expect a lot of insults and good natured banter(thats actually what I am here for).
Deal?

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2021, 10:01:45 AM »
Arightly, looks like it's eggshell and I. Here's how I see it. We both score 2 birds each. Average those scores(thats where we add our 2 scores together and divide by 2)and then multiply our average by 4.5. That will put us even with your guys requirements of 9 birds for your team score. No scoring pictures required just a gentleman's agreement. Don't hurt your head trying to figure out my math Gobblenut. I just took a test that required some extensive math so I am pretty confident its right. If we have a higher score than your team we win a whole bunch of nothing and if your score is higher you win a whole bunch of nothing. I do expect a lot of insults and good natured banter(thats actually what I am here for).
Deal?

And here I thought you were saying the two of you would score four birds that would total more than our nine (assuming we are capable of putting nine on the board)!  Sure, change the "conditions" on us!

I'm good with your "conditions", but here's my caveat:  With no pictures required, you have to tell us your total first.  I have this sneaking suspicion that after hearing your total score, we will have a few "late arrivals" on our score sheet that will, just by coincidence, be just enough to top your score.   ;D

Okay, so now here's my real counter-offer.  We'll go with your four top birds, no averaging,...you score your four top birds (two each), add 'em up, and that's your total score.  On our end, we will go with our four top birds, including the condition that since you two will get two birds each, any one of our hunters can also score two birds.  In other words, our four top birds with a maximum of two for any of our team members against your four (two each). 

Thinking about it, let's just do it both ways to see how things turn out!  We'll use your convoluted math as one comparison,...and my much-more-reasonable method as the other.   ;D 
Deal?....

I totally agree that we should just do this as a way to have a little fun.  I relish the idea of being able to give the two of you hell for the next three or four months! (too bad you couldn't get that other Goober involved,...but then again, he's "chicken"  :angel9: )  Now, if I can just convince the other eight of my teammates to get involved,...even better!  Let's get the show on the road!   :D ;D :angel9: :icon_thumright:

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2021, 10:17:45 AM »
I am good with doing both ideas methods. Here's my issue with your version. That basically puts our four birds against your top four guys not against your whole team. (I think that was the premise of this deal) However I will let my esteemed colleague weigh in with his thoughts.( So Pay attention guys) we will show you how to make decisions quickly and not spend three days thinking up a name. Eggshell the floor is yours.

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2021, 11:34:26 AM »
But it sounds to me like somebody doesn't have much faith in his team though. Under my method you can have three of your guys out chasing butterflies in the field and still have a chance to win. Thats a 25% failure rate on your side. Apparently your expectations of those your surrounded by are lower than that.

Offline RiverBuck

• Custom Hunting Arrows
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2021, 12:49:36 PM »
Meh... I'm in.
Bring home the turkey bacon, Team Moxie

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2021, 12:59:10 PM »
But it sounds to me like somebody doesn't have much faith in his team though. Under my method you can have three of your guys out chasing butterflies in the field and still have a chance to win. Thats a 25% failure rate on your side. Apparently your expectations of those your surrounded by are lower than that.

In case you haven't noticed, I am doing everything I can to stack the odds in our favor.   ;D
...And I have complete faith in my teammates,....it's the guy that's making all these commitments on their behalf that I don't have a lot of faith in...   :toothy12:

Online eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2021, 01:42:26 PM »
Deal?

I'll agree on either, but this is my choice. Done deal either way. Our team is "Final decision". I heard a bird gobble behind my house this morning, he sounded like about a 72 point bird....I'll save him in case I need an upgrade late in season. Oh yeah, jakes count double the score, right  :TooFunny: 

Offline ManfromGreenSwamp

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2021, 03:58:32 PM »
I’m in for anything. Bring it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“First one to the carcass gets the most”
-T.Farley

“I’m livin ta rest, I was born tired”
-B.Button

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2021, 06:24:53 PM »
Sounds like its on. We will deliver our final scores when everyone is done. Gobblenut would you want a separate smack talk/entertainment thread? That way we aren't intruding on your team thread? Oh and good luck to you all and above all have fun.

Online eggshell

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2021, 07:36:59 PM »
Well Happy, here's the bad news....I am only  hunting two states this year Ohio and Ky, so that means all tags need to be filled. I will be in South Dakota in May to visit my Daughter, maybe I could sneak a black hills hunt in or Wyoming.