North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

On subject of first,favorite and want how many dedicated turkey guns you own

Started by Which Gun, February 24, 2021, 10:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Gun

rakkin6

I have three in 12 gauge a Benelli SBE 3, Mossberg 835 and Mossberg 535. All three have Indian Creek chokes. Using some Apex TSS 3" #9  this year in either the 835 or Benelli. Going to use the Longbeard XR in the others. This is the first year I will have used the Benelli since my wife bought it for me has a retirement present from the Army.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

jhoward11

I used a Benalli nova 12g, with a 28" barrel,  till I found the "killer"...835 Mossberg with a lot shorter barrel. I also use an Ithaca turkey slayer which throws a good pattern. This past year I bought a 20g Mossberg and using TSS #7. Nice light gun. My son dropped a bearded hen with it at 35yrd.

lowoctane

I guess i'm a lush... all 12 ga.   :camohat:
Browning A5 3"Mag with a tricked out barrel with William's tube
870 SM, 3.5" 23" tricked barrel with rib mount red dot
870 Wingmaster with 18" aftermarket barrel set up for invector tubes
Winchester 1300, 22" barrel, NWTF Banquet
11-87, 21"Cantilever barrel with tubes
Savage single, barrel shortened to 21", tricked, Remchokes, red dot

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

WildTigerTrout

Browning BPS Stalker 24" 10 Ga.
Benelli SBE I 24" 12 Ga.
Remington 870 3 1/2" Super Mag 26" with an extra 3" Mag. 20" rifle sight Rem choke barrel 12 Ga.
Knight TK 2000 Muzzleloader 12 Ga.
Benelli Nova 24" 20 Ga.
Ithaca/Tikka Turkey Gun O/U 12 Ga./222Rem.(This one I use for fall hunting)
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

MO_HUNTER

I can only use one at a time... unfortunately! But I have 2. 835 and a youth 20 ga decked out for the boy! As it gets a little later in the season I start carrying the lighter of the 2!

Tom007

I am pleading the 5th here. My wife of 35 years occasionally glances over my shoulder at my posts!     
"Solo hunter"

mcw3734

Remington SP-10 is my one and only by choice.

(Not to hijack this thread, nor troll anybody with a small arsenal, but am I the only one that feels one gun for one purpose is enough?)

Tom007

Quote from: rakkin6 on February 24, 2021, 10:58:28 AM
I have three in 12 gauge a Benelli SBE 3, Mossberg 835 and Mossberg 535. All three have Indian Creek chokes. Using some Apex TSS 3" #9  this year in either the 835 or Benelli. Going to use the Longbeard XR in the others. This is the first year I will have used the Benelli since my wife bought it for me has a retirement present from the Army.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your services, and all the others that served. We would not be turkey hunting if it wasn't for all you did for the country....
"Solo hunter"

albrubacker

Quote from: Tom007 on February 24, 2021, 11:53:32 AM
I am pleading the 5th here. My wife of 35 years occasionally glances over my shoulder at my posts!     

:TooFunny:

Smart man!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Tom007

Quote from: albrubacker on February 24, 2021, 12:21:55 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on February 24, 2021, 11:53:32 AM

:TooFunny:

Smart man!

All kidding aside, Just enough to enjoy.
"Solo hunter"

Bowguy

Currently a Model 37, SP-10, 11-87 in 12, youth 11-87 in 20, youth 1200 in 20, nova in 20, had an 870. Would like a BPS, 1300 and .410 if it was legal. Had to modify this forgot the ulti mag 835, had it since late 80s and was my go to gun a long time

Bowguy

Quote from: mcw3734 on February 24, 2021, 12:01:15 PM
Remington SP-10 is my one and only by choice.

(Not to hijack this thread, nor troll anybody with a small arsenal, but am I the only one that feels one gun for one purpose is enough?)

One is never enough. You need back ups for your back ups. A few spares and guns easily switched over just in case. Gun poor is no good!

nativeks

I own zero dedicated turkey guns. Ive owned 1 dedicated turkey gun in my lifetime.

Dtrkyman

One,

Mossberg sa-20 turkey thug, got it new cheap on gunbroker. Tru Glo iron sights IC .555 and Hal's big 20xl.

My previous turkey getter is a SBE 2, 26 inch barrel jellyhead 660 and Winchester xtended range 6, although that gun kills turkeys with any turkey load, shoots dead on the double beads.  It was always a waterfowl and turkey gun though!

Had a Browning NWTF version for a while and sold it for the 20ga and everything I needed to load tss, that thing was nice but too heavy!