Started by Which Gun, February 24, 2021, 10:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcw3734

Quote from: rakkin6 on February 24, 2021, 09:58:10 PM
Quote from: shatcher on February 24, 2021, 09:00:54 PM
Quote from: rakkin6 on February 24, 2021, 08:12:28 PM
Quote from: Bowguy on February 24, 2021, 12:57:32 PM
Quote from: mcw3734 on February 24, 2021, 12:01:15 PM
Remington SP-10 is my one and only by choice.

(Not to hijack this thread, nor troll anybody with a small arsenal, but am I the only one that feels one gun for one purpose is enough?)

One is never enough. You need back ups for your back ups. A few spares and guns easily switched over just in case. Gun poor is no good!

One is none, two is one.  Navy SEAL quote?
One is none and two is one

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Seals may use it also but I am a retired Green Beret

So, I guess the answer is yes, I am the only one. 

I'm a minimalist. That goes for guns, fly rods, turkey calls (2 diaphragms, 1 pot) and outdoor clothing. But if I had my weapons experience forged in combat, I'm sure I would think different. Truth be told, I do have a Beretta Onyx 12ga. O/U for all my upland and waterfowl wingshooting which could be used in a pinch, if I ever thought to take it.

Oh come on man! Am I really the only turkey nut on this forum who only has 1 dedicated turkey gun?

THattaway

2 dozen fly rods here but part of that count was from being left a number from a family member that passed. Each has a purpose really. I use a turkey guns and retire them, sometimes bring them back out and reuse but they all are sentimental to me. Most turkey hunters I know who have hunted 40 years own multiple guns. I guess to some folks it looks like vanity or excess but I'd expect those same folks probably have the same redundancy somewhere for things they like.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

shatcher

(Not to hijack this thread, nor troll anybody with a small arsenal, but am I the only one that feels one gun for one purpose is enough?)
Many thanks for your service!

One is never enough. You need back ups for your back ups. A few spares and guns easily switched over just in case. Gun poor is no good!

Gobbler428

No mcw3734, your not the only one. Several years ago I sold my BPS that I had turkey hunted with for 30+ years in order to help finance my current dedicated turkey gun, a 12ga Benelli SBE2. I do have several other shotguns which could be used in a pinch but I see no need in having more than one dedicated turkey gun. I guess you could call me a minimalist as well when it comes to dedicated turkey guns.

kytrkyhntr

835 mossy
20 ga M2
Stevens 301 .410
20 ga mossy youth
870 bottomland special purpose

Guess I do have a few lol
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

mcw3734

Quote from: Gobbler428 on February 25, 2021, 09:04:28 AM
No mcw3734, your not the only one. Several years ago I sold my BPS that I had turkey hunted with for 30+ years in order to help finance my current dedicated turkey gun, a 12ga Benelli SBE2. I do have several other shotguns which could be used in a pinch but I see no need in having more than one dedicated turkey gun. I guess you could call me a minimalist as well when it comes to dedicated turkey guns.

Thank you! Yes, thank you Gobbler428, it's good to know I'm not alone.

Hook hanger

cknpro1

I only have one dedicated shotgun - REM 870. I sometimes carry a Stoeger M300 auto loader, and have killed birds with it. But the 870 does wonderful things with Federal #5's with flight control wad., so it's the go to. Never take the turkey choke out of it. But I am now hoping to get another dedicated one. All 12 g BTW.

captfire

O LET ME SEE 1 REMINGTON 870 12 GA, 2 MOSSBERG 835 1 MOSSBERG SA20 1 TRI-STAR 20 GA 1 MOSSBERG 500 410. I THINK THATS IT LOL....

3chunter

Affinity 3.5 bottomland, next year will put a red dot on it.
Backup is benelli nova pump which I won at a banquet

ShootingABN!

Academy Sports had a Mossberg 930 MO Obsession 24" $499. Seemed like a good deal to me. The inside of the barrel was ugly. So I just started to polish it.... Ordered a M*Carbo spring kit.

Gonna run it with the factory choke to start with. I think their XX Full is a .660?

Good luck everyone.

owlhoot

Quote from: mcw3734 on February 25, 2021, 12:43:09 AM

So, I guess the answer is yes, I am the only one. 

I'm a minimalist. That goes for guns, fly rods, turkey calls (2 diaphragms, 1 pot) and outdoor clothing. But if I had my weapons experience forged in combat, I'm sure I would think different. Truth be told, I do have a Beretta Onyx 12ga. O/U for all my upland and waterfowl wingshooting which could be used in a pinch, if I ever thought to take it.

Oh come on man! Am I really the only turkey nut on this forum who only has 1 dedicated turkey gun?

YEP :lol: :lol:

RED NECK

I have more than I need but I have started "collecting" them as a hobby, I have close to 30 "turkey shotguns" and another dz "shotguns".  I am buying another today sometime, if I ever get a method to send payment.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Gooserbat

There's always rooms for more.  Find a way to make it tax deductible and go big. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.