only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey gun you’ve always wanted

Started by kytrkyhntr, February 21, 2021, 08:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: lunghit on February 22, 2021, 05:00:06 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on February 21, 2021, 09:28:54 PM
They are a great gun. Love them. Compact, well made, and pattern unreal.....be safe

Those are nice!!

Thank you, found them at local gun shows before they were popular. Prices have gone crazy on them. Like everything else I guess......be safe

Tom007

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 22, 2021, 05:42:09 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on February 21, 2021, 09:28:54 PM
They are a great gun. Love them. Compact, well made, and pattern unreal.....be safe
beautiful guns brother.

Thank you my friend....you can find them. I lucked out before they became sought after....

Tom007

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 22, 2021, 07:17:03 AM
I already own it my Remington 11-87 that I made to a dedicated turkey gun.

Now I have couple of others too, but if I were to buy another it would be this from the Benelli Performance Shop in a 20ga.

MK M GOBL

Beauties there, your dream guns in hand.....

The Southpaw

I have an NWTF 1300, but would love to have another so that I can hunt with the one I have without feeling bad about it. My main gun is a Franchi compact, but I'll take the 1300 out when I know that I won't to beat it up.

Greg Massey

The gun i always wanted, i guess i already have it among my turkey guns, ones that shoot true and has a great pattern. I setup or kind of build my own 20 ga. from youth model 870. It's just a joy to shoot and carry. Sure i like to have all the different turkey guns SO i'm not going to say it's the best, but i will say it's a shooter.

paboxcall

Quote from: snoodcrusher on February 21, 2021, 09:17:06 PM
I had one.  Bought it brand New Years ago.  It killed on one end and crippled on the other.  Hardest recoiling shotgun I ever shot.  I sold it when I ran into hard times in the early 90s.  I don't miss that shotgun at all.  I hope you find one and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Without question the 1300s kick the snot out of you. Bought the 1300 Buck & Tom edition new when they were released. 22" barrel, synthetic stocks, dipped in New Breakup, with a Hastings .660 and Supreme #5s, patterned really well. When I got into hevi-13 #7s, a buddy who uses a 870 asked me to shoot that little 1300. He shot it once and said that was the most recoil he ever felt LOL.

But the gun I always wanted I bought new 20+ years ago, and traded after the first year. It was a H&R single shot NWTF gun of the year, factory dipped in original Bottomland. I tried shooting 3.5" shells through it, and it was just too much. Never occurred to me to try 3" back then. Soon as I sold it I regretted it.

When a lightly used H&R just like it popped up on GB few years later I hit the buy now button for $90. With a original JH .660, that gun would put 275+ in 10" with Hevi-13 #7s. Kicked bad even with 3" loads, but a joy to tote around. Sumtoy installed fiber optic rifle sights on it. Just a perfect turkey gun.

That H&R is my backup gun now. Goes in the truck on every hunt just in case something happens to my 20 gauge.

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

AppalachianHollers

Dream shotgun for me would be a Browning BPS. Still not at the point in life where I can jump $400 in price point. But to have one for waterfowl and one for turkey (or a specialty combo barrel model in Bottomland, Blades/Max-5 or some other pattern) would be the dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: paboxcall on February 22, 2021, 10:21:57 AM
Quote from: snoodcrusher on February 21, 2021, 09:17:06 PM
I had one.  Bought it brand New Years ago.  It killed on one end and crippled on the other.  Hardest recoiling shotgun I ever shot.  I sold it when I ran into hard times in the early 90s.  I don't miss that shotgun at all.  I hope you find one and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Without question the 1300s kick the snot out of you. Bought the 1300 Buck & Tom edition new when they were released. 22" barrel, synthetic stocks, dipped in New Breakup, with a Hastings .660 and Supreme #5s, patterned really well. When I got into hevi-13 #7s, a buddy who uses a 870 asked me to shoot that little 1300. He shot it once and said that was the most recoil he ever felt LOL.

But the gun I always wanted I bought new 20+ years ago, and traded after the first year. It was a H&R single shot NWTF gun of the year, factory dipped in original Bottomland. I tried shooting 3.5" shells through it, and it was just too much. Never occurred to me to try 3" back then. Soon as I sold it I regretted it.

When a lightly used H&R just like it popped up on GB few years later I hit the buy now button for $90. With a original JH .660, that gun would put 275+ in 10" with Hevi-13 #7s. Kicked bad even with 3" loads, but a joy to tote around. Sumtoy installed fiber optic rifle sights on it. Just a perfect turkey gun.

That H&R is my backup gun now. Goes in the truck on every hunt just in case something happens to my 20 gauge.

That is a beauty, love the fact you got it back after regretting selling your first one....looks great.

the Ward

sp10 turkey model. i remember when they came out and remember thinking how awesome it was that they were making a 10 gauge semi auto again. Always love the satin wood and parkerized finish on the Remington Sp shotguns.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Remington bottomland 11-87 or 870 is on my list.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

kytrkyhntr

I also would love to find a 20 gauge left handed 870 wing master.. talk about a rare bird lol
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Tom007

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 22, 2021, 11:36:22 AM
I also would love to find a 20 gauge left handed 870 wing master.. talk about a rare bird lol

Yea, I am lefty too my friend. I have learned over the years to put up with shells flying out in front of my face due to limited left handed gun availability. I don't even see them anymore.....be safe..

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: Tom007 on February 22, 2021, 12:01:09 PM

Yea, I am lefty too my friend. I have learned over the years to put up with shells flying out in front of my face due to limited left handed gun availability. I don't even see them anymore.....be safe..

My m2 is a lefty and I had to order it, kinda got spoiled with that safety going the correct way ;)
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Brian Fahs

The first year browning made the bps in 10 gauge I bought one. 30 inch barrel with the most beautiful blueing and wood you could imagine. Of course I drove right to mark bansners shop and had the barrel cut to 22" and a choke sweated in. A rattle can paint job made it turkey ready. This was before screw in chokes were popular so dedicated turkey guns were built not bought.
That gun really shot well but all this talk about recoil....... nothing on earth kicked like that gun. Bloody nose black eye swollen cheek were the norm with that thing.
I traded it on a sp-10 when they came out and never looked back. The sp-10 is still my primary gobbler killer.

Tom007

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 22, 2021, 01:04:53 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on February 22, 2021, 12:01:09 PM

My m2 is a lefty and I had to order it, kinda got spoiled with that safety going the correct way ;)

I get that....