turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey gun you’ve always wanted

Started by kytrkyhntr, February 21, 2021, 08:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

I've always wanted a ln NWTF Winchester 1300 with the 22 inch barrel. I just think that's the prettiest gun. I held one at the gun shop that a guy had bought 2 years ago and the action was so smooth and the wood was beautiful. I'll never go into a gun shop and let one in good condition get away again. What's your dream turkey gun?
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Missouri hunter

That's my dream turkey gun too! Proud to say I have it, 1988 NWTF 1300 turkey 12ga. They don't get any better for me!
Sterling Custom Calls, making handcrafted box and trough calls.

lunghit

Funny I was just looking at a beautiful Winchester 1300 NWTF on Gunbroker. I was thinking of bidding on it but it's so nice it would just sit in the safe and I'd never use it. My very first gun was a 20 gauge 1300 back in the late 80's. Wish I still had it. I guess I can say I have my dream turkey gun even though it's nothing too fancy. Its a Winchester SX3 NWTF with an Aimpoint red dot that does everything I need. But we can never have too many turkey guns so I am about to buy a 20 gauge SX3. I already bought a Trijicon RMR that will be going on her.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: Missouri hunter on February 21, 2021, 08:39:14 PM
That's my dream turkey gun too! Proud to say I have it, 1988 NWTF 1300 turkey 12ga. They don't get any better for me!
I would love to see a picture of it!

fmf

i don't have one that i've always wanted, but I'm sure lusting over a beretta 1301 tactical .  id they offered it in 20 ga they wouldn't be able to take my money fast enough

snoodcrusher

I had one.  Bought it brand New Years ago.  It killed on one end and crippled on the other.  Hardest recoiling shotgun I ever shot.  I sold it when I ran into hard times in the early 90s.  I don't miss that shotgun at all.  I hope you find one and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tom007

They are a great gun. Love them. Compact, well made, and pattern unreal.....be safe

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tom007

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 21, 2021, 09:40:50 PM
Greenleaf 870

X2, I have the original bottomland, but I would love to add the Greenleaf. It's one of a kind.....

old3toe

I've always liked the original mossberg 835's. The first models with the old real tree and mossy oak green leaf patterns and the corn cob style pump handle. Though I have a newer 835 already with 20" barrel I'd love to have one of these old ones just because. There's not much you can't achieve with one of these guns and the superior patterns they throw is just crazy. Not to mention the huge number of chokes made for them and any size and style of shot or buck load they can shoot as well. My uncle has an original in the old woodland camo he bought the first year they came out and it's been his main turkey gun ever since. I'd love to know the number of spring gobblers and fall hens he's brought down with it. I've shot and patterned it many times and though it's the same gun basically as the newer ones it still feels somewhat different to me, in a good way. They're just cool old guns, there's something special about them, and I need one of them in my life!haha

justin.arps

I'd love to have A nwtf 1300 also! I own my other dream gun. Sx2 nwtf with vortex and sure cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lunghit

Quote from: Tom007 on February 21, 2021, 09:28:54 PM
They are a great gun. Love them. Compact, well made, and pattern unreal.....be safe

Those are nice!!
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

kytrkyhntr

I have always hunted with an 835 so I guess I assume I can handle any recoil. I never heard that about the 1300 before. I have some 870s even have a bottomland one. But I hunt with an m2. Love that little 20. My first one was a youth 500 mossy. Love that one too. Can never have too many turkey guns

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: Tom007 on February 21, 2021, 09:28:54 PM
beautiful guns brother.

MK M GOBL

I already own it my Remington 11-87 that I made to a dedicated turkey gun.

Now I have couple of others too, but if I were to buy another it would be this from the Benelli Performance Shop in a 20ga.

MK M GOBL