OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Secondary items

Started by Gooserbat, January 31, 2021, 02:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

EZ Kut pruners
Ziploc bag with wet wipes
Extra battery for FF
Thermacell(s)

TonyTurk

T.P.  Never enter the woods without it. It can be the difference between a great day and a horrible one. 

rakkin6

Quote from: TonyTurk on January 31, 2021, 07:04:21 PM
T.P.  Never enter the woods without it. It can be the difference between a great day and a horrible one.
You always have your socks....

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

TonyTurk

Quote from: rakkin6 on January 31, 2021, 07:05:51 PM

LOL.  Blistered feet are no fun either...

ChesterCopperpot

Hard candy if you're a suction call hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Gooserbat and Goblen combined to get all I carry.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

FullChoke

I always carry a flask of whiskey in case of snakebite. I also carry along a small snake.

Cheers.   ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

GobbleNut

Quote from: FullChoke on February 01, 2021, 07:46:59 AM
I always carry a flask of whiskey in case of snakebite. I also carry along a small snake.

Cheers.   ;D

FullChoke

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Now that's just plain funny!  Good one!

bigriverbum

:newmascot:
Quote from: rakkin6 on January 31, 2021, 07:05:51 PM

i've sacrificed many t-shirt sleeves to the hunting/trout fishing gods.  my wife thinks something is wrong with me

TauntoHawk

I don't really like wearing gloves so I guess id consider them a secondary item if it's cold enough I need them.

Binoculars and water are pretty important to me, I usually have Pruners, range finder, and locator calls but I don't consider them a must have.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

avidnwoutdoorsman

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 31, 2021, 02:22:07 AM
I know you have essential items like shells, gun, face mask, calls and gloves, and I for one don't like loading down my vest with things I won't use but I do carry a few extra things. what are some of the secondary items you carry.

Myself I carry wet wipes, thermacell, binoculars, Emery cloth, scotch brite and calk.

You've got them nailed; calls, rangefinder, knife/multitool, pruning sheers, snack, Copenhagen, water, dehydrated wipes, ammo, head lamp, gloves, mask, decoys, orange hat/beanie.... tags/$20/id
Keep Calm and Gobble On!

old turk

tp also,leaves are to rough

rakkin6

Quote from: avidnwoutdoorsman on February 01, 2021, 05:40:39 PM
Quote from: Gooserbat on January 31, 2021, 02:22:07 AM
I know you have essential items like shells, gun, face mask, calls and gloves, and I for one don't like loading down my vest with things I won't use but I do carry a few extra things. what are some of the secondary items you carry.

Myself I carry wet wipes, thermacell, binoculars, Emery cloth, scotch brite and calk.

You've got them nailed; calls, rangefinder, knife/multitool, pruning sheers, snack, Copenhagen, water, dehydrated wipes, ammo, head lamp, gloves, mask, decoys, orange hat/beanie.... tags/$20/id
Oh yeah forgot about Copenhagen, but that's not a secondary object that gets checked with my license, gun and shells lol.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

rakkin6

DE OPPRESSO LIBER