OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

_____________________________A/T Truck Tire Recommendations?

Started by gatrapper, August 15, 2011, 10:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

How are the firestone destnation good in snow.It says it handles well in rainy conditions but havent seen any reviews in snow yet.

OLE RASPY

And another thing what bout them guys over in alabama wonder if they give a old gobbler buddy any huge discounts.You know who u are. :begging: :begging: :wave: ;D :TooFunny:

roosterpull

I am 20,000 into a set of Firestone Destination on my Silverado and they rank near the top of any tires I've used.

sugarray

We have had them the past 2 hard winters in WV and they are better than the BFGs I had on a Tacoma or anything else we have had.  This is on the road and gravel, unplowed roads with up to 6" of snow.

Old Gobbler

Goodyear , I have a set of the aggressive tread mtr/kevlar in 33" and they kick but in the mud and wear very well -  the traction off road is remarkably improved over any other tire I have ever tried - look into it and try them out you wont be sorry --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

J-Shaped

Glad to hear all of the good reviews on the Firestone Destination AT's. I just purchased a set recently. I was replacing a set of Bridgestone AT Revo's and got the Desinations for over $200 less than the new Revo II's. I shopped around everywhere and the local Firestone store even beat TireRack once you figured in shipping and having them mount and balance. $675 out the door on a set of 265/75/16's. Couldn't argue with that. Substantially less than the set of Revo's I bought 2 1/2 years ago.

Reloader

Raspy, DTD has free shipping.  I just checked there the other day on some BFGs.  You can take the wtty and stems out of the cart.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: Reloader on August 15, 2011, 11:02:48 PM
Raspy, DTD has free shipping.  I just checked there the other day on some BFGs.  You can take the wtty and stems out of the cart.
So without shipping i can get a set of firestone destinations for $648 that just seems to cheap but it might be right.

gob09

im runnin yokahoma geolanders they are great tires 8 ply ride a little rougher but they last awhile and they go pretty good i think mine were $189 a piece the nitto are a good tire too

gatrapper

Checked DTD and Tire Rack and none of them carry the Firestones in my size.
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

mikejd

I have put 90k + on my last 3 sets of bfg so I feel there definetly worth the money.

stinkpickle

There are a couple of interesting BFG AT clones floating around, too...

Pegasus Advanta AT's

General Grabber AT2's

chipper