Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Federal Turkey Thugs 12 ga, 3.5", 2 oz, 6 shot @ 40 Picture

Started by alclark2, March 10, 2013, 04:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alclark2

My new go to ammo. I might try them out in 3" when I go back to walmart if I can find them. This was with an 835 in an IC BDS .675 in mid 30s temps and a kinda dirty barrel.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

BandedSpur

Spectacular. And people wonder why a lot of us have been clamoring for Fed to bring back a quality shell without that darn FCW. The Turkey Thugs are putting up some great patterns. Fed had the Strut Shoks already, but the Thug is a completely different shell, and putting up much better patterns so far.

nyhunter

Matt81302

Very nice. I am averaging 150ish with the same shell out of my 835 with Jellyhead choke. The only problem we have now is no excuse if we miss. LOL.

captin_hook

Man those shells are producing great patterns . My Walmart is loaded with them. I think I'm going to start stock piling them.

Tom Foolery

Man, that is a fantastic pattern!

Wally world here I come!

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

alclark2

I want to try it with a clean barrel and when its not 35 degrees out  ;D I saw a few guys in the 170s+
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

bowhunter2k9

You miscounted... thats 147. I'm OCD like that lol   But still a great pattern!
Romans 8:38-39

Ded Goblr

Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on March 11, 2013, 10:40:55 AM
You miscounted... thats 147. I'm OCD like that lol   But still a great pattern!
Thats how it adds up for me as well.

I'd take that all day. Great Pattern

alclark2

Hoosier Hunt n Fish

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

trkehunr93