only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Picture Thread

Started by Ol'Mossy, March 29, 2011, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiLL B

Benelli SBE 26 inch barrel. I have used it for 12 years now

Skeeterbait

Same pair of old 835's.  I do shoot Indian Creek chokes in them now instead of these Kicks.

Details:
Mossberg 835, 24"
ATI tactical pistol grip butt stock
Custom dipped, Realtree APG
Mossberg picatinny rails
TruGlo multi-reticle red/green dual color reflex sights
MagPul ladder style rail covers
Factory sights removed
LaserLyte magazine tube picatinny rail adapters, modified
Midwest Industries picatinny rail sling swivel stud adapters
Custom side attach adjustable slings
Brownell's steel raised safety slide buttons
Indian Creek Black Diamond .675 turkey chokes
Brownell's stainless steel shell followers
Brownell's stainless steel extra power magazine springs
Polished barrel bores
Winchester XRHD 3.5-2-6  225 in 10" @ 40 yrds

I have received numerous PM's inquiring about my slings.  They are indeed homemade starting with Browning Xcellerator slings and custom modified.  I carry the gun in what is referred to as patrol carry style. Basically you wear your gun leaving your hands free.  The gun can be worn front or back and can be swung from back to front and fired without ever taking the sling off your shoulder.

davisd9

My Mossberg 835 with a Star Dot .676 choke.  Optic is a Simmons 4 x 32mm Pro-Diamond scope.  Added a limbsaver to her and shooting Hevi-Shot 3.5" 2.25 oz #6s with great success. This will be my second year hunting with her.

My newest addition, just got this summer, is a Remington 11-97 Sportsman 20 gauge.  Have not totally settled on a choke, but as of right now I have the TruGlo SSX for it with a TruGlo Red Dot to top her off.  Going to be shooting Hevi-Shot 3" 1.25 oz #7s out of her.  Here is a picture the night I got her, will have to take and update the picture with one of how she looks now.

Had another 835 that was my first Turkey gun that I used for 5 or 6 years.  It was good to me, but someone decided they needed it more than me.  Miss that ole girl, even though she was in retirement.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Oconeeguy

My past favorite. Mossberg 535 with Jellyhead choke. That thumbhole stock makes the gun feel like no other. Feels like it was custom made just for me. Purchased a used BPS stalker now and based upon early patterning, it may be my new favorite. But i will forever love a thumbhole stock like the 535.

Hope pic comes through

KYStalker

I like simple but effective.  Number 1 is a Mossberg 835, Star Dot choke, Claw Sling, Limbsaver Recoil Pad.
If you're not first, your last!!

TrackeySauresRex

Here she is.... Ol Mossy 835. Right now she rides with a Jelly Head 690, Limbsaver recoil pad and a Bear claw sling. She has a home made raised comb and a set Hi Viz sights. She shootin' 3 ½" M.B.
She gets lonely at times in the off season. She loves long walks in the woods. She also loves the celabratory dancing of slayed gobblers. She is one of a kind. No man may hold,except myself. She is a true turkey slayer!
Her name is Frances.   

And don't call her Francis!
;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Crappiepro

Here's 2 from my stable.
1st. Mossberg 535 ATS Tactical Turkey, a Kick's Gobblin Thunder .665 choke and a Bushnell scope.
2nd. Mossberg 835 Ulti-mag with a Jellyhead choke and a Mueller Quick shot site.

redleg06

bunk

Here's mine. Rem. 870 super mag.

Sand Man

Here's my Remington 870 20ga.  Started life as a youth model with wood furniture.  I switched out the butt stock with a Knoxx SpecOps.  I threw on a LimbSaver recoil pad.  I replaced the front forearm with a synthetic from remington.  I had the receiver drill and tapped for a rail and installed a Burris FF II with a picatinny mount and Warbird guard.  I shoot 1 5/8oz TSS #9's reloads thru a Remington Super Full Choke.  I gave it a custom paint job.  She is bad news on turkey birds!!!!!

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

TrackeySauresRex

Mr. Sand Man.... de,de,de,daa... I'll say it again. I love the paint job! Sweet rig for sure.  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

3" 870 Shell Shucker

There is a chance that some left-wing nutjob would see these pistol grip stocks and thumbhole stocks, and call these turkey guns "assault weapons".  Just a heads up.

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Big Timber

Gamblinman

Nice..and impressive paper target. That will get an old toms attention.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."