turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Please help me....

Started by Swampchickin234, June 08, 2014, 12:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampchickin234

Want to put some sort of sights/optics on my lil h&r pump.   I have always been just a bead/fiber optics guy. But the thought of a red dot or scope is on my mind.  I've looked at them several times at the local bass pro but I just get cold feet when I think of doing so.   I just don't know.  Those of you who use them, does it take long to get used to em?  This gun is drilled and tapped so its no big deal to mount, but I just don't know what to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.winsor

Get your self a fastfire 3, you'll wish you had done it sooner.  It has a lifetime warranty, 10,000 hour battery life, parallax free from 10 to 150 yards, put you a modified choke in it and use 2 3/4" shells and you can hunt small game, dove, pheasant, quail, etc. You will get use to it quick, keep both eyes open and acquire your target quick.  Water Proof.  You can't find a better red dot at twice the cost.

Snoodsniper

I started with a cheap truglo just to see if I'd like it. Killed two birds with it that year and haven't looked back. Now I have the ffiii like a lot of other people on here. It's an excellent site just get the protector mount if you buy one. Red dot on the head = dead

deadbuck

I just decided to go with an Aimpoint 9000sc. Have shot it a few times to sight in and I really think it is what I was looking for.

outdoors

Aimpoint IS A KICK BUT OF A SCOPE
BUT IT ALSO KICK'S BUT WITH YOUR WALLET   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

deadbuck

paid $389 to my door from optics planet. It looks like it is as tough as Chuck Liddell. I just didn't think an FF3 was durable enough for the way I hunt.

d.winsor

Not trying to make anyone mad but that aimpoint has a 10 year warranty which is probably not bad, but the fastfire 3 has a lifetime warranty, as long as you don't abuse it you are good to go, I don't see how much more durable you could want it.  I had an Aimpoint before they had 50,000 hr battery life and a 10 year warranty, it only lasted me 3 to 4 years, and the dot went dim, called Aimpoint and they wanted me to send it in and pay them to fix it.  Then he tried to sell me a new one, No way was I going to pay that kind of money again.  I bought a Monarch 1x4x20 and it is on my 870 SM now, Lifetime warranty on it also.  I bought a fastfire 3 for my SX3.  It is worth every bit what I paid for my Aimpoint and you can't beat the warranty.

Twowithone

Put a Simmons Pro Diamond on my winnie 1300 yrs ago at least 15 yrs easy and its still going strong to this day. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Spurcollecta

Quote from: deadbuck on June 08, 2014, 10:20:44 PM
paid $389 to my door from optics planet. It looks like it is as tough as Chuck Liddell. I just didn't think an FF3 was durable enough for the way I hunt.

That's a good buy! I'd pick that aimpoint over a ff3 any day of the week

d.winsor

Be sure to keep your original receipt for that 9000sc, if you don't you won't have a warranty or they will count it back to the date it was manufactured, I don't know which, read at the bottom of this page,     http://www.opticsspot.com/aimpoint-9000-sc-2moa.aspx

beagler

I have two Aimpoint 9000SC's and love them. I also have a Burris FFIII and like that as well. I give the edge to the Aimpoints however. They can really take a beating not to mention 50,000hrs battery life..
Never Misses

Spurcollecta

Quote from: beagler on June 09, 2014, 08:21:50 PM
I have two Aimpoint 9000SC's and love them. I also have a Burris FFIII and like that as well. I give the edge to the Aimpoints however. They can really take a beating not to mention 50,000hrs battery life..

Exactly. I like my ff3 but its no aimpoint

deadbuck

beagler, just curious to know how much a replacement battery is for an Aimpoint. Also, did you add any kind of anti reflective device or is it necessary?

Spurcollecta

Quote from: deadbuck on June 09, 2014, 08:46:42 PM
beagler, just curious to know how much a replacement battery is for an Aimpoint. Also, did you add any kind of anti reflective device or is it necessary?

I'm not beagler but batteries are only 5-6$ and with a battery life of 50,000hrs you don't hafta worry about accidentally leaving your red dot on and it dying during a hunt. You can accidentally leave it on for over five years, LOL. I also wouldn't worry at all about an anti reflective device. It just isn't needed, IMO

d.winsor

Turn an aimpoint on and get in front of it, you will see a red glow.  I had one for about 4 years and got tired of holding my hand in front of the scope when a turkey was coming in.  I designed a flipper on the front lens that I could open with the thumb on my trigger hand.  When the turkey was in range I would open the flipper and the turkey would stick his head straight up, then I would shoot.  Before I put the flipper on or held my hand in front of the lens The turkeys would definitely react to the red glow.  The Aimpoint crapped out and I put a monarch 1x4x20 on my gun and didn't have to fool with the turkeys being tipped off.  I personally would not buy another aimpoint for turkey hunting, its not worth the trouble.  I have also seen videos where a hunter would hold his hand in front of the aimpoint when a turkey was coming in.