OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Please help me....

Started by Swampchickin234, June 08, 2014, 12:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spurcollecta

LOL.. I've heard it all now

Swampchickin234

Appreciate the help y'all . I've actually been looking at the ff3 and the bush ell clone of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.winsor

If you want to laugh a little louder google " Does the Aimpoint exit lens glow red? "  If you read enough of the threads you will see that one individual mentioned a flash kill for the front lens to reduce the glow.  I went so far as to e-mail Aimpoint describing my problem with turkey hunting, using their scope, and asked them if they manufactured anything like it.  Who knows maybe they have cured this problem, but if you own one turn it on and get in front of it, especially in low light.  It's the only way you will know for sure.

When you say LOL.. I've heard it all now.  I found it a little offensive, that was not very forum friendly.  You can believe me or not that is up to you, If you don't believe me you could supply any information you might have to educate me to your way of thinking.  But to infer I don't know what I am talking about or that I am lying, I think is going just a bit too far.  Maybe I am just a little too sensitive, I hear getting old will do that to one.

this will be a little more helpful to you.    http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-484457.html
Also read the reply of Gunfighter 13        http://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-8864.html
here is an aimpoint with the flash kill       http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-comp-m4s-w-larue-tactical-qd-mount

Spurcollecta

Why so sensitive? LOL.. You must work for Burris.

It does NOT put off any more glare than any other red dot or scope out there and if one is close enough to see the glare he should be getting shot in the face. You can find all the bullcrap articles you want to from google but I guarantee you I can find just as many FF3 failures in the short amount of time they've been out

CrustyRusty

The fastfires are good sights, but are not in the same league as an aimpoint.  That's not saying the ff isn't a good sight, they are, but the durability of an aimpoint is proven.

I've had about every red dot imaginable, but on my work guns, I had aimpoints.  Having said that, I currently use a fastfire 3 on my turkey gun, but turkeys don't shoot back.   :OGturkeyhead:

Spurcollecta

Quote from: CrustyRusty on June 11, 2014, 12:33:36 PM
The fastfires are good sights, but are not in the same league as an aimpoint.  That's not saying the ff isn't a good sight, they are, but the durability of an aimpoint is proven.

I've had about every red dot imaginable, but on my work guns, I had aimpoints.  Having said that, I currently use a fastfire 3 on my turkey gun, but turkeys don't shoot back.   :OGturkeyhead:

CrustyRusty, how bout all that glare them Aimpoints put off??

d.winsor

Those are not bullcrap articles, they are comments from people that own and use the Aimpoint.  I had an aimpoint for a few years and it crapped out, I know what the glow in one is and the reaction of the turkeys.  I know that aimpoint didn't take care of me even though their products were way overpriced and still are.  I have a fastfire 3 now, I had issues with it when I first got it and burris took care of me in short order, unlike Aimpoint.  If Aimpoint is so good why do they even now only have a 10 year warranty,  Burris has a lifetime warranty on the fastfire 3.  That should tell you something.  No I don't work for burris, but I have used their product and I have used Aimpoints products and I fully recommend the burris Fastfire 3.  The Aimpoint does put more glare than a fastfire 3, I have not even thought of trying to design a flipper to be able to turkey hunt with the fastfire 3.  It is a shame that I had to design a flipper to use a brand new Aimpoint to turkey hunt with.  A turkey can see the glow at 40 yards, that is my real life experience, unless you want to call me a liar again.  If you would have looked at the 3rd link I gave you, It shows you that the front lens opening of the aimpoint shown is threaded for the flash kill, and the scope shown has the flash kill installed.  Evidently Aimpoint has taken note of the glare and how far it can be seen.  I can see right now that no matter what information I supply you with is going to made any difference in your attitude or beliefs, in my opinion you don't have an open mind about this issue.  I was just trying to put out a real life issue that I had with the Aimpoint, to try to help people that purchase them, I didn't try to persuade them not to buy an Aimpoint.  I don't see what your issue is with that to LOL.  As I said I have used the fastfire 3 and the Aimpoint, In my opinion the Fastfire 3 is superior to the Aimpoint.  I am allowed to have my opinion, am I not.  Unless you have any more pertinent information on this subject other than to belittle me, I am finished with this subject.  As far as sensitive about this subject, yes I am.  I had to throw a expensive Aimpoint scope in the trash because Aimpoint had no warranty to speak of when I bought mine.  That is the first thing I look at now before I buy a scope.  If a manufacture doesn't believe in their products enough to put a lifetime warranty on it I look some where else, that is with scopes, guns, rangefinders, you name it.  As far as this thread goes I will let the people that read it  check out your information, and then check out my information, then they can decide for themselves if the aimpoint front lens glows.

Spurcollecta

Quote from: d.winsor on June 11, 2014, 01:23:43 PM
Those are not bullcrap articles, they are comments from people that own and use the Aimpoint.  I had an aimpoint for a few years and it crapped out, I know what the glow in one is and the reaction of the turkeys.  I know that aimpoint didn't take care of me even though their products were way overpriced and still are.  I have a fastfire 3 now, I had issues with it when I first got it and burris took care of me in short order, unlike Aimpoint.  If Aimpoint is so good why do they even now only have a 10 year warranty,  Burris has a lifetime warranty on the fastfire 3.  That should tell you something.  No I don't work for burris, but I have used their product and I have used Aimpoints products and I fully recommend the burris Fastfire 3.  The Aimpoint does put more glare than a fastfire 3, I have not even thought of trying to design a flipper to be able to turkey hunt with the fastfire 3.  It is a shame that I had to design a flipper to use a brand new Aimpoint to turkey hunt with.  A turkey can see the glow at 40 yards, that is my real life experience, unless you want to call me a liar again.  If you would have looked at the 3rd link I gave you, It shows you that the front lens opening of the aimpoint shown is threaded for the flash kill, and the scope shown has the flash kill installed.  Evidently Aimpoint has taken note of the glare and how far it can be seen.  I can see right now that no matter what information I supply you with is going to made any difference in your attitude or beliefs, in my opinion you don't have an open mind about this issue.  I was just trying to put out a real life issue that I had with the Aimpoint, to try to help people that purchase them, I didn't try to persuade them not to buy an Aimpoint.  I don't see what your issue is with that to LOL.  As I said I have used the fastfire 3 and the Aimpoint, In my opinion the Fastfire 3 is superior to the Aimpoint.  I am allowed to have my opinion, am I not.  Unless you have any more pertinent information on this subject other than to belittle me, I am finished with this subject.  As far as sensitive about this subject, yes I am.  I had to throw a expensive Aimpoint scope in the trash because Aimpoint had no warranty to speak of when I bought mine.  That is the first thing I look at now before I buy a scope.  If a manufacture doesn't believe in their products enough to put a lifetime warranty on it I look some where else, that is with scopes, guns, rangefinders, you name it.  As far as this thread goes I will let the people that read it  check out your information, and then check out my information, then they can decide for themselves if the aimpoint front lens glows.

Sniff.. Sniff..

Uvagobbler

D. Winsor, you need to chill out. Don't be so sensitive. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, don't say that they are not open minded. Everyone has a opinion when it comes to shotguns, ammo, calls, etc. There is nothing wrong with being passionate, don't get angry. Once you understand that we may not agree on everything, you will be a much happier and less stressed person.

d.winsor

Quote from: Spurcollecta on June 11, 2014, 01:58:39 PM
Quote from: d.winsor on June 11, 2014, 01:23:43 PM

Sniff.. Sniff..

Still trying to belittle me hu.  I'm not getting into a pi$$ing contest with you, all you do is belittle and give general statements as your case.  You have no case.  I have given you real life instances of use with the aimpoint, and 2 individual statements related in 2 links, I could have found more but thought that was enough.  Also a link to an Aimpoint add from a company, directly related to the Glow of the front lens of an aimpoint, as put out by the manufacturer.  If that is not enough to at least cause you to think that there might be another side to your beliefs, then there is no more I can do.  When the manufacturer sees fit to design the use of the flash kill on their scopes it should tell you something.  In any event I hope you and Aimpoint have a good relationship.

d.winsor

Quote from: Uvagobbler on June 11, 2014, 02:19:18 PM
D. Winsor, you need to chill out. Don't be so sensitive. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, don't say that they are not open minded. Everyone has a opinion when it comes to shotguns, ammo, calls, etc. There is nothing wrong with being passionate, don't get angry. Once you understand that we may not agree on everything, you will be a much happier and less stressed person.

I have been giving real life occurrences and first off got a LOL, now Iv'e heard everything, Then I give examples in links and opinions and I get a sniff, sniff.  I wonder who is not allowing someone to have opinions.  It seems to me that is all someone else has is opinions.  I don't mind discussing with anyone but I don't appreciate being belittled.  By the way I am not angry, whatever gave you that Idea.

Spurcollecta

Quote from: d.winsor on June 11, 2014, 02:25:50 PM

I have been giving real life occurrences and first off got a LOL, now Iv'e heard everything, Then I give examples in links and opinions and I get a sniff, sniff.  I wonder who is not allowing someone to have opinions.  It seems to me that is all someone else has is opinions.  I don't mind discussing with anyone but I don't appreciate being belittled.  By the way I am not angry, whatever gave you that Idea.

Dadgum man. Are you ok??.... Take a big deep breath and count to ten.

d.winsor

Quote from: Spurcollecta on June 11, 2014, 02:34:43 PM
Quote from: d.winsor on June 11, 2014, 02:25:50 PM

Dadgum man. Are you ok??.... Take a big deep breath and count to ten.

I have already said I am not getting into a pi$$ing contest with you, I gave my information on Aimpoints with some facts and my opinion on the Fastfire 3.  People can decide if I am alright or not.

CrustyRusty

Hey Spur...I had to chuckle a bit at the post you wrote earlier regarding the glare being the last thing the turkey should see before getting shot in the face.

D. Winsor, I can see the possibility that reflection from an optic, any optic , could spook a game animal if circumstances are perfectly aligned, although as stated earlier, it would probably be too late for the intended target to react.   A purpose of a kill flash is to mitigate glare and I guess the glow from the red dot, but in a hunting situation, it shouldn't be that important.  The stars would all have to be perfectly aligned before it would make a difference, and like spur said, by then it should be too late.

Movement, or lack thereof , is an important key to getting a shot on a bird.  As I stated earlier, I have and use a fastfire, its great for turkey hunting.  It's light, has decent optics and is priced fairly and now has a great warranty, but it ain't no aimpoint.  I like it for the reasons I list, but back in the day when I carried an mp5...I had an aimpoint on it.

Quote from: Spurcollecta on June 11, 2014, 01:16:21 PM
Quote from: CrustyRusty on June 11, 2014, 12:33:36 PM

CrustyRusty, how bout all that glare them Aimpoints put off??

d.winsor

you have your opinion I have mine based on my actual experience, anyone can read this thread and see what is fact and what is opinion.  Give Aimpoint a call and ask them what they think about it.  I have said enough on this that anyone will know my opinion.  Appreciate you giving yours.