OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New For 2012 Burris FastFire III!

Started by BurrisOptics, January 04, 2012, 03:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurrisOptics

I don't know what all of the complaining is about.  Calling us "stupid" for delivering a new product after turkey season is pretty ridiculous.  We had 2 choices: 1. release the FFIII in 2012 and deliver it as soon as possible and perhaps after turkey season or 2. release it in 2013.  Which would you guys prefer? 

Nice feeling to come here and see you guys ripping us up for delivery dates on a product you've never seen and probably wouldn't know about if we weren't on this board every day.  Love the gratitude.  Good luck on the bingo btw.

Shellwaster

Burris,

I echo what El Diablo said, don't get down on all us as we appreciate all that you do here for us. We are all excited about the 3rd generation FastFire as its predecessors have a proven track record.

To all those whining, get over it. Burris will release it to retailers when they are ready and have enough supply for the demand. We are fortunate to have a company insider here who actively participates on this forum.  I'm looking forward to buying the FF3 when they are available.

sugarray

Quote from: BurrisOptics on February 27, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
I don't know what all of the complaining is about.  Calling us "stupid" for delivering a new product after turkey season is pretty ridiculous.  We had 2 choices: 1. release the FFIII in 2012 and deliver it as soon as possible and perhaps after turkey season or 2. release it in 2013.  Which would you guys prefer? 

Nice feeling to come here and see you guys ripping us up for delivery dates on a product you've never seen and probably wouldn't know about if we weren't on this board every day.  Love the gratitude.  Good luck on the bingo btw.

I know!!!  I mean really.  If I was Burris, I'd get your names and ban you from ever ordering a Burris product.  This is the biggest bunch of horse poo I have ever seen.  He gives a site to be given away on our forum, and nothing but trash.  I sure would message Shannon that none who have posted this crap could win the bingo.  It is the feed back from us that let to the changes that were made.

:angry9: :angry9: :angry9: :angry9: :angry9: :angry9: :angry9: :angry9: :angry9: :angry9:

pa b0whunt3r

Not trying to bash anyone, just a turkey hunter excited about a product that doesn't want to wait. No need to be sensitive, I'd be happy that customers were chopping at the bit to get my product. Sorry if I offended anyone.

chatterbox

I have to say that I could've been a real jam this season if BurriOptics hadn't stepped in and offered me a FFII when I wasn't sure what was going on with my EOTech.
Now my EOTech was found to be fine, however, I'm going to sell it not because it's not a good sight, but because I found the FFII to suit my shooting style better.
Kudos to BurrisOptics for getting his company to make the changes to the already very nice FFII.
Remember, we wouldn't even be getting this sight if this fine gentleman hadn't pushed as hard as he did.
Their customer service is second to none. Burris products for me. I am happy to wait for the FFIII.

ghillie

X3 El Diablo...

Everybody take a deep breath...you do realize that you got all worked up over 'projected' release date...didn't mean that it couldn't be earlier...

Burris....sorry about the negativity from some on here....it's the end of winter and people seem to be a little punchy around here lately...

THANK YOU for the updates on the FF3 and for getting out to us as fast as you could.  BTW..I ordered yesterday and it's already shipped..should be here tomorrow!!!

:z-winnersmiley:

bird

Quote from: pa b0whunt3r on February 27, 2012, 11:55:35 PM
Not trying to bash anyone, just a turkey hunter excited about a product that doesn't want to wait. No need to be sensitive, I'd be happy that customers were chopping at the bit to get my product. Sorry if I offended anyone.

You know I don't blame Burris Optics for being a little upset about your comments especially after all that they do for us here on this FREE site.  They constantly keep us updated on new and upcoming products and has always been there to answer any question that a member may have.  They have gone out of there way to do those special things that no other company would ever think of doing such as loaning a guy a sight when he was having trouble with a competitors sight.  Yeah I too was excited about the FF III coming out and had ants in my pants but damn dude there is NO EXCUSE to use the word STUPID when referring to such a great company as Burris.  And you call that an apology when you tell them not to be so SENSITIVE.  Well I don't blame them for being sensitive of your RUDE comments and PISS POOR APOLOGY. They have given away several FF II's here on this FREE site and they DO NOT deserve to have some NEWBIE to come in here and make some BONEHEAD comment towards them.

I expect that you need to give a better apology with some meaning or you sir can just log off now and not come back.  This is not the type of member that is welcome here on OG.

Al aka bird

bird

Burris Optics,

I would like to take a moment and say that I am sorry to see that a newbie has made such insensitive and rude comments toward you and the company.  I for one am an owner of a FFII and love the sight very much so.  I see everything that you do for not just OG but for the members of the site.  You have always been there to answer questions that the members have had and had done so with much enthusiasm and grace.  I can guarantee you that 99.999% of the members here on OG appreciate having you as a member of the site and I hope that you will accept my apologies for one knucklehead in the crowd.

Sincerely  :begging:

Al Clark aka bird

chatterbox

Kudos to Al and Shannon for taking care of this.
That kind is not needed on this great site!

krisw14

Neill_Prater

Would everyone prefer Burris rush production and send out the first batch of sights with bugs, or wait and make sure they are right from the get-go?

BurrisOptics

Quote from: Neill_Prater on February 28, 2012, 06:30:21 PM
Would everyone prefer Burris rush production and send out the first batch of sights with bugs, or wait and make sure they are right from the get-go?

The most insightful comment in the last 2 pages. 

kyduck1

Well....if we can get back to questions about the FF3......I, and what seems to be many others, would really like to see a pic of the difference in the 3 and 8 MOA whenever it may be possible.  Maybe a pic as looking through the sight at a target. 
BTW..thanks for the hard work to get the sight out this year---looks like a great product!! 

sugarray

Quote from: kyduck1 on February 28, 2012, 09:05:55 PM
Well....if we can get back to questions about the FF3......I, and what seems to be many others, would really like to see a pic of the difference in the 3 and 8 MOA whenever it may be possible.  Maybe a pic as looking through the sight at a target. 
BTW..thanks for the hard work to get the sight out this year---looks like a great product!!

If you look under the review for the Mueller Quick Shot you can see the views you are looking for comparing the 3 and 8 MOA dots.  In the FF II review is a view of the 4 MOA dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

Well , I want to take time to thank Mart form Burris for always lending a hand and being such a helpful and contributing member of the site we are very grateful for this

We try like heck to make people happy , we cant always make everyone happy , some people are not happy if I gave them a Cadillac with gas in it -bye bye pa b0whunt3r...........so long   :wave:..... If grandma hears that a person is bad mouthing the apple pie , then there will be no more apple pie for that person , simple as that - I will not make or want to see any further discussion of the issue ,and we will move on --

Anyways lets get back the the subject of the newest Burris sight the FF3 , I have the FF2 and it is a amazing sight , I cant wait to see the newest improvements ,and I am sure the wait will be worth it --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon