OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New For 2012 Burris FastFire III!

Started by BurrisOptics, January 04, 2012, 03:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

Quote from: joshua on January 25, 2012, 05:53:14 AM
Gobbler74, will you be making guards for the FF3?

My question as well!

Love my current guard  ;D

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

BurrisOptics

Quote from: Seth B on February 05, 2012, 10:37:57 PM
Is the III worth the wait or should I just get the II?
What does the III do that the II wont?
Whats the price difference?

This was listed in the first post of the thread.  You can find pricing at Midway. 

Sand Man

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

BurrisOptics

we're shooting for March no pun intended.

ddturkeyhunter

March would be great, better then April 6th; what ever I will be waiting to buy in on the group deal. Got a brand new gun and it needs the FastFire III, I will wait if it turns out to be June.

wvnut3

excellent I love my II and want a III for another gun

BurrisOptics

Those of you that are wanting the 8MOA are in luck.  They will be going out the door SOON.  How soon?  VERY SOON!   :drool:

Shellwaster

:thanks:

that means the 3moa is right behind them right?  :happy0064:

BurrisOptics

Yes and no.  I have some going out to stores very soon as well but not as many as I need. 

pa b0whunt3r

Im new to these sights so I was wondering what MOA means and whats the difference. Is one better then another? I'm looking to get the FF3 and put it on my Benelli SuperNova for Turkey hunting. What would be the best MOA for turkey hunting? -Thanks for the Help! -Tom

drenalinld

Minutes of angle. At 50 yds a 3 MOA dot would cover about 1.5" circle of target and 8 MOA would cover approximately a 4" circle at 50yds.

pa b0whunt3r

Quote from: drenalinld on February 22, 2012, 10:43:47 PM
Minutes of angle. At 50 yds a 3 MOA dot would cover about 1.5" circle of target and 8 MOA would cover approximately a 4" circle at 50yds.

What MOA would you recommend for turkey hunting?

pa b0whunt3r

Also besides the size of the dot being smaller, is their any differences between the 3 and 8?

BurrisOptics

One of the reasons we came out with the 8 MOA was to satisfiy the turkey hunting crowd.  From the feedback I've been getting it sounds rather unanimous that turkey hunters want the 3 MOA.  I personally will be using the 8 moa this year.