turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by spurman, February 03, 2014, 08:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurman

GOBBLE-GOBBLE  Welcome to all you WidowMakers.

Since there are so many new guys this year Justin and I thought it would be a good idea to tell a little about ourselves.

I am Bill, I live with my wife of 36 years in western Kentucky. We are located about 50 miles east of Paducah and about 20 miles north of Cadiz, KY the old home of Knight and Hale game calls. I have been retired for a few years now. I started turkey hunting off and on in 1976. I missed several years and then started again in 1988 and have not missed a spring turkey season since. I am probably the oldest member on our team. I'll be 74 this spring and plan on trying to kill a turkey on my birthday. 
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

doublegobble

Hey everyone, my name is Brent. I live in south central Iowa. Almost all of my turkey hunting is down near the Iowa/Missouri border. Looking forward to a great turkey season again this spring. One of my favorite times of the year.
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

sadkins

Hello guys my name is Sammy 42years old
I live in southern Indiana on 46 acres where I do my hunting
Been married for 21 years finally talk her into hunting last year she missed a long beard but got a 8 pt buck in fall have two kids son/daughter both hunt
Glad to be on the team

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

Onpoint

Hey everybody. My name is Justin, Im also a Kentucky boy. Ive been turkey turkey hunting for 21 years. My main hunting buddy is my wife who is also a widow maker. We're just laid back country folks that love the simple pleasures life has to offer. Archery is my year round hobby. In the spring youll find me chasin birds, in the fall ill be chasin bucks. Pretry much if we're not hunting, we're thinking about it and preparing for it. Glad to have all the new personalities this year. Good luck and God bless.

Justin

longspur

Howdy folks, I'm Larry. Live in the foothills of the appalachians. Been hunting turkeys about 18years. They still make me look like a beginner most times. Most of my hunting is on public land. I'm 56 years OLD married to my wife of 4 years. Reckon 25 years was all the last one could handle. She leaves the hunting to me and I leave the shopping to her. LOL. Good luck to all and be safe.   

longfield

Hey Widow Makers, my name is Brian. I live in East Tennessee and I chase birds here in the hills as well as in Southwest Alabama. My wife of 8 years will deer hunt with me but leaves the birds to me. The attached photo was taken last year when my daughter was 3 days old. That was the first bird I ever called in for my Dad.

Charley B

Hello to the team!
My name is Charles Boissonneault, call me Charley, i'm 35 yo.
I live in Québec, Canada.
I hunt turkeys since many years in Québec, I also hunt Ontario and in the USA.  I speak mostly French, so don't bother with my miss spelling when I write English.  I speak English better than I write.
I used to be the v-p of the NWTF Montréal's chapter, since the NWTF quit Canada, we are now by our own.  But our ''club'' is still alive and we will promote the Conserve, hunt, share by ourself.
I'm glad to be a part of the team, and count on me to bring my share of old birds and to keep you posted!
I hunt Whitetails and moose also, 99% with a bow.
If Florida is generous like the other states that I travelled, i'll get a turkey slam this spring.
Season starts end on March in Georgia, then April third in Florida after home in Québec then Ontario!
My best longbeard wishes to y'all team mates!
My first Pope&Young buck in 2012

I'm not someone who like to strut, strutting lead to death more than often, but I like to share my experience with people who enjoy the hunt.
This was the 2013 Merriam's DIY mission, with my hunting partner, Pierre who lives in Alberta.  We went to SD chasing Merriam's. Then I went back home for a quick Eastern hunt, and then in Ontario.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWVsGSrRIsY

Charley

hotrod3h

Hello everyone. My name is Rodney. I live in the northern panhandle of WV. I'm 43. I'm single so I'm able to travel around the country in the spring. I'm actually trying to harvest a gobbler in every state. Recently slowed down some on that quest but would like to accomplish that goal sometime soon. I have 29 states so far a good start but some hard states to go including some that I've been to before but had bad luck with.

This year plans are to go to AL,MS,Ill,KY,OH,WV,MD. If timing and right situation happen like to add IN,TN, or PA. Enough about me. I'm happy to be here and look forward to finding out more about my teammates.

chatterbox

Hey guys!
My name is Mike, and I have been a widowmaker since I have been a member of OG.
I am 43 years old, and have been married for 15 years, and have 2 kids. My son is an avid turkey hunter, and last season shot his first turkey!

I have been chasing longbeards for 10 years, and had a lot of success early on, then hit a slump of 4 seasons.
However, last season I sealed the deal on a beautiful 2 year old, and got that monkey off my back!

There is nothing I love more than chasing longbeards in the spring! Good luck everyone!

SheGotHoOks

Hey everybody... it's joni, my husband onpoint got me into huntin a few years back and there ain't NO WAY I'm letting him have all the fun when it comes to chasing gobblers :) I love love love it.. Can't wait to gt started! Happy to know y'all... AND welcome to the widow makers!!!  ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charley B

Wow, the team look full of great people with a lot of knowledge!  I'm sincerly impressed by all of you guys and gals!  Rodney you attempt something really tough, correct me if i'm wrong, but the only person who comes to my mind who did it, is Eddie Salter (harvesting a bird in every states).  My best wishes!

hotrod3h

Charles... There are many people now that have accomplished the turkey in every state thing. There is even a gentleman that posts on the internet "hookspur" that has gotten turkey in every state on public land! Now that is impressive! I've killed a few on public land but most are from private land.

Charley B

Thank's for the info's Rodney, I wish you the best luck to accomplish this goal!   :anim_25:

hotrod3h

Mike... What's the turkey hunting like up there ? I hear it's pretty good in some spots. That is the only part of the country that I haven't been. Hopefully soon!

chatterbox

Quote from: hotrod3h on February 06, 2014, 07:33:26 AM
Mike... What's the turkey hunting like up there ? I hear it's pretty good in some spots. That is the only part of the country that I haven't been. Hopefully soon!
Quite good actually! My dry spell had little to do with being on gobbling birds, that's for sure!
This spring might be different. This winter has been a bear, and I don't know how badly it has affected our critters.