turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rhino customer service

Started by slb9981, March 07, 2011, 07:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slb9981

I bought a rhino choke two weeks ago. Drove over and picked it up. I always love to support the locals whenever possible. I got the .670 version cause I was told I could shoot buckshot and turkey loads from it. I took it out the past two weekends and have tried the magnum blends and Winchester elites neither which pattern that well, marginal but not acceptable. So I figure I need something else to turkey hunt with after patterning but think I still have a choke to deer hunt with so I try the buckshot it was even worse.

I emailed them thinking I would get a bring it back will take care of you. Instead I get a tell me what it's doing you may need work done on your gun to change the forcing cone. I'm pretty disappointed that their customer service is this way.

I decided to salvage the season with this gun that I need something different. Ordered an Indian Creek choke today. I called and asked about their guarantee. Send it back if your not happy within 30 days. Now that's customer service.

Anyone else have trouble with Rhino's customer service? By the way I'm shooting a 24" sbe 2.

SKFOOTER

Rhino has always fallen way short in the customer service department!! :icon_thumright:

shootumindaface

Back in the day on these boards when Rhino was popular this was a common scenario.. The folks that bought them and did not like them always needed gun work..

Superior customer service from other choke companies is part of the reason Rhino is rarely mentioned anymore

drum817

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 07, 2011, 08:12:08 PM
Back in the day on these boards when Rhino was popular this was a common scenario.. The folks that bought them and did not like them always needed gun work..

Superior customer service from other choke companies is part of the reason Rhino is rarely mentioned anymore

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

gatrkyhntr70

I ordered an invector + from them once and recieved the standard invector, I called them and vs. returning it I had a deal going on a regular invector gun. Being a nice guy I told them I would just buy another choke be sure to send me the invector +..
deal fell through on the other gun so I expected to return the choke since it had never been opened, After all it was their mistake originally. They told me all sales where final.
My response was that was our final bussiness transaction!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Gobble!

This is why when someone asks me what are the best patterning chokes I always leave out rhino.

drum817

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on March 07, 2011, 08:16:23 PM
I ordered an invector + from them once and recieved the standard invector, I called them and vs. returning it I had a deal going on a regular invector gun. Being a nice guy I told them I would just buy another choke be sure to send me the invector +..
deal fell through on the other gun so I expected to return the choke since it had never been opened, After all it was their mistake originally. They told me all sales where final.

WOW.....that's HORRIBLE  >:(
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Flydown

Man that stinks, I'm glad I have never had to use their customer service.

savduck

I got caught up in the hype several years ago before IC chokes and was looking to see if something could out pattern my kicks. I bought the Nitros and their recomended rhino choke.....................Its still tough to swallow that 200 dollar mistake.

I own about 15 turkey chokes. My IC and Kicks pattern 1st and 2nd every time. My rhino falls in the middle somewhere. Thats out of two SBE, one M90, a berreta A390, berretta 390 Silver mallard, and a stoeger.
Georgia Boy

shootumindaface

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on March 07, 2011, 08:16:23 PM
If it were me I would personally drive down their and shove it up their azz!!!

neal

I own one of their chokes I have it in my Nova great choke sounds like I'm happy I've never had a problem with them! But now I'm buying a new gun, and it's going to carry a I/C or gobbler guns.

After hearing this about them I won't consider them.

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

yella yelper

The first one I ordered from them wouldn't fit in my Benelli.  I sent it back (after about 6 phone calls) and about 2 weeks later I got one that fit.  After all that, I wasn't impressed with its performance.  I'm shooting a $15 Remington Ventilator that gets almost 2x as many pellets.  Good riddance, Rhino.

4nwtf

I have done business with them for several years now and have never had a bad experience.  I have shot their duck chokes as well as turkey chokes in several different guns.  Hate to hear this and I don't blame you, I would go where my business is appreciated.  Good Luck!!!

chadabear

Funny part is, if you send them a gun, or buy one of their guns, ALL they do is shoot different chokes and Nitro shells through them untill they find the right pattern. They even say they dont believe in doing any barrel coning work or anything. At least thats what I was told....A buddy just bought a gun they built.
1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

archery1

wow...looks like rhino doesnt plan on being around for long. no wonder u dont hear of them much. poor customer service = no return or new buyers.
Take a kid hunting