Started by slb9981, March 07, 2011, 07:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter84

Quote from: Basser69 on March 09, 2011, 03:46:19 PM
Quote from: BOFF on March 09, 2011, 03:26:48 PM
Quote from: Basser69 on March 09, 2011, 03:23:14 PM
Quote from: BOFF on March 09, 2011, 03:13:12 PM
Quote from: Basser69 on March 09, 2011, 02:34:14 PM
One of my buddies here at work bowhunter84) bought a used rhino choke off this board last year and wanted to swap to a different constriction. Rhino told him no because he was not the original owner. Still their product and still sorry customer service.

I can't say I blame them on that instance. If you buy a used gun and want to swap it for a different caliber, is the any manufacture going to swap it?

God Bless,
David B.

All I can say is don't offer it if your not going to back it up with some customer support.

Well, what do you think the fair thing for them to do would be?  ???

God Bless,
David B.

David,

Here at the door company that I work at, we offer a 1 year warranty on the garage doors we install. If you buy a house that we installed a door in with in the last year, you still get what is left on the warranty. Even though you are not the original owner. If you are not going to stand behind a warranty don't offer it. Now to answer your question, swap it out no questions asked.

Scott

i am the one who bought the rhino off of this website last year. it was a rhino .670 choke tube. i shot it and it patterned good with the lead i was shooting but i wanted to try the .660 because i wanted to start shooting nitros and thats what nitro and rhino recommended to me. i talked to the guy at rhino and he was very nice and he said he would swap choke tubes with me if i still had the original package to send it back in. i then told him that i had bought it from someone and i didnt have the package for it. he then explained to me that with me not being the original owner or not having the original package that he couldnt swap it out.   he said it was because i didnt know for a fact how old the choke was or how many times it had been shot i only knew what the person i bought it from told me.  

i was a little disappointed that i wasnt going to get to swap the choke tube but at the same time i can understand where he was coming from.  i know that if you order a choke from them they will swap it out because i had a buddy who had done this before.

i ended up trading another guy on here for a .660 rhino because he wanted a .670 rhino for his gun. i have no complaints with the rhino choke tube. it patterns great,has never split or cracked or anything like that. if i were to go buy a new turkey gun tomorrow rhino would be the first choke tube i bought for it. the only thing i would do different is i would order it new from rhino so that if i needed to swap it out i would have that option.  

Basser69

Scott,

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a peeing match with ya. I'm trying to understand your thinking, and have an adult conversation.

So, if I buy a house which has a garage door installed in it by your company, and it is still within the one year warranty, and I don't like the color of it, your company will change it out no questions asked to the color I want?

What I'm trying to communicate is, I don't see the used choke, not pattering in the non-original owner's gun to HIS liking, as a failure in parts.

Shotgun ammunition isn't traded out to customers for different size shot shells if a customer doen't like the way the shot patterns.

I just don't see it. Yes, I'm all about customer service, and I even pay more to local companies, which have earned my business due to customer service. However, there are somethings those companies just can't do, because it doesn't make good business sense.

God Bless,
David B.

[/quote]

David,

the point I was trying to make is don't offer something if you are not going to back it up. Since rhino said that a used choke is worthless to them, why not swap someone with a used choke for a used choke? As long as it is still in the undamaged condition I would see no problem with it. Is that not considered customer service and would it not help make customers for life? That way they are only out the cost of shipping and you know as well as I do, customer service will get you more repeat customers than anything else.

Scott

slb9981

I asked to exchange it from a .670 to a .660. Here is the response I got when I asked what kind of guarantee they had. Keep in mind I bought this choke in the past 2 weeks and drove over to get it.

"We don't have a guarantee, usually if you are not getting good patterns with
our choke, it is usually because your gun needs the forcing cones done. We
have a 2 week exchange policy, but if the choke has been shot through we
cannot exchange it unless you are exchanging it for the exact same choke."

knightrider

Quote from: slb9981 on March 09, 2011, 04:53:28 PM
I asked to exchange it from a .670 to a .660. Here is the response I got when I asked what kind of guarantee they had. Keep in mind I bought this choke in the past 2 weeks and drove over to get it.

:TooFunny: its not my product its your guns fault, you need to have 600 dollars worth of work done to your already 1000 dollar gun, not switch the 100 dollar choke for one that works better. PRICELESS :TooFunny:

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's the kind of mumbo jumbo that will keep them a small business and maybe if it keeps up put them out of business.  Sounds like to me if I were  to buy a Rhino choke in which I for sure won't now, that like the choke or not I am stuck with it.  Now not too many people are going to like that policy.  

hookedspur

Quote from: Flydown on March 07, 2011, 08:27:07 PM
Man that stinks, I'm glad I have never had to use their customer service.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

slb9981

What's the difference in a choke tube manufacturer and say a gun manufacturer whenyou purchase a gun and the POI is different than the POA. :)

BOFF

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 09, 2011, 05:05:05 PM
Quote from: knightrider on March 09, 2011, 05:02:20 PM
Quote from: slb9981 on March 09, 2011, 04:53:28 PM

:TooFunny: its not my product its your guns fault, you need to have 600 dollars worth of work done to your already 1000 dollar gun, not switch the 100 dollar choke for one that works better. PRICELESS :TooFunny:

That is exactly what they told me, and I told them they could shove it up their hind end, then went and bought a Jelly Head, and almost doubled my pattern density at 40 yds in a 10" circle.

So you bought the Jellyhead in the same constriction and almost doubled your pattern, or you bought the Jellyhead in a different constriction to almost double your pattern?

God Bless,
David B.

BOFF

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 10, 2011, 05:38:47 PM

Bought a JellyHead .660 (same ED), and almost doubled my pattern.

Went from 190s with the Rhino/Nitro combo, to 330s with JH/Nitro

Then I decided I could do better by loading my own shells, and haven't looked back since.

WOW!! That's a huge improvement. Wonder what the difference was to make such a tighter shot pattern? Did you put calipers in each choke?

As for the reloading shotshells, I'm fixing to take the dive as soon as I get all my info needed. Wish all the rifle and pistol reloading equipment I have could be used.  :(

God Bless,
David B.

PALongspur

I'll keep my experiences with Rhino to myself but let's just say I'll never do business with them again.