Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

How do you store your calls in the off season

Started by Lcmacd 58, May 01, 2023, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lcmacd 58

As the title says .... what are your thoughts on call storage in the off season ... mouthcalls...pots... any wooden call...
Thnx

eddie234

I store all my stuff in plastic bulk ammo cans in my basement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stickbow98

Many of my calls & accessories are in an Ol Tom Treasure Chest that is then kept inside a airtight plastic bin. Mouthcalls are cleaned and kept in the refrigerator. Special calls or "Collectibles" are in a corner glass cabinet.
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

outdoorguy3

Mouth Diaphragms washed off with water, dried and place in the refrigerator.  Pot call and box calls pleaced in big plastic tub with other turkey hunting gear.  Trumpets stay next to where I sit, I play them all year trying to become better.

Ralph

Uncle Tom

Mouth calls in refrigerator in mouth wash solution, all box, push pin, slates, etc. in safe with firearms in controlled humidity.

ChesterCopperpot

I just keep playing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twowithone

Diaphram calls are soaked for 10 minutes in Listerine Cool Mint then dried and put back in refrigerator. Ive known more turkey hunters that didnt do anything too their mouth calls only to use them the next year and get a bad sore throat those germs will get you all the time. The pot calls and such get a good cleaning and put away till the next season.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Lone Star Eastern

Do y'all wash and dry your mouth calls after every hunt? I read that someone was doing that, but mouth washing then drying with toothpicks between reeds is kind of a hassle.

eddie234

Quote from: Lone Star Eastern on May 02, 2023, 11:46:30 AM
Do y'all wash and dry your mouth calls after every hunt? I read that someone was doing that, but mouth washing then drying with toothpicks between reeds is kind of a hassle.

I do, after they dry I use a little talcum powder between the latex to keep them from sticking together. That's how I store them after season and in the refrigerator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Brillo

I am not a big diaphragm call user so I just throw them away and order new. Everything else goes into a small plastic box and onto a shelf. 

Greg Massey

Who puts calls up after the season, I'm just getting started playing them... LOL...     I do store some of my calls in plastic totes and i use those cheap koozie for my pot calls etc... I use those Silic packs in the containers also... You can buy those off Amazon ....

howl

Mouth calls in the fridge, others in a curio cabinet. Custom made turkey calls are folk art show them off!

worth612000

They are generally pretty good stored where humidity is normal and calls are dry. Nothing too special

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

runngun

All calls well except mouth calls, go into 2 very large curio cabinets to house the following:.
Box- a bunch                        Pot calls -a bunch
Trumpet calls. 20+              Locater.
Push pin calls.                     Hooty who
Scratch boxes. 5                 Hawk
Crow calls.                           Peacock
Wingbone

There are filled with everything that has to go with the Wild turkey. I have ALL OF the decanters Wild Turkey, Books and books!!!
Even have a collection of old Prince Albert tobacco cans
Numerous knives such as Vietnam bayonet
German bayonet from WWII, CASE made a limited edition Louisiana Game Warden knife
About 20 years of NWTF knives of the year
I even have a glass bottle shaped like a wild turkey that came from Avon, you guessed it Wild turkey cologne, it was my PawPaws &e passed in 1977, inside the bottle has some left and it smells great!!!!
But as far as my turkey hunting clothes, they go in big places tubs with lids. Vests as well.
Easy access to all my calls whenever I need to calm down a little bit.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.