News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How do you store your calls in the off season

Started by Lcmacd 58, May 01, 2023, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lcmacd 58

HookedonHooks

My pots get stored in koozies, each koozie for the call is labeled with makers name, wood/material, surface/sound board, and the date of purchase from maker or secondhand. If I kill a turkey with the pot I mark the date and location of the kill on back of the label on the koozie and that's where that call lives after that. I have several 3-tier Rubbermaid drawer systems that stack up. Each drawer is labeled with a call makers name and holds up to 18 pots per drawer. Makes it easy to pull calls out in the off season and play them without having to go digging through what you may be wanting to play, especially calls that have killed and don't see the field again for me, they get to shine in the off season and remind me why they proved to be deadly. Some of my best pots are "retired" but they still get played and bring a smile to my face when I do.

The boxes and trumpets are in a display/curio cabinet where they can be stored in like groups and also taken out for play any time of year easily.

In the winter when my furnace is running, I keep a humidifier in my call room. The only down side to the humidifier is it greatly increases the amount of dust in the room, but it also has kept calls from popping for the last three years when before that I was losing a few glass calls every winter.