OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Time for a new vest....

Started by RED NECK, March 24, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

I just ordered a primos gobbler 2 in a m/l to use,the xl/xxl I bought before last spring is like a blanket hanging off me and its still for sale in the classifieds as it's never been out of the house and has been hanging in the basement for 10 months.I should have it by mid week at the latest,this one is also in greenleaf,I believe this size should be about perfect for me.I want to have both the rng 300 and the gobbler 2 setup to grab at any time.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

Apparently when I placed my order there was only 1 in stock and two of us seemed to have ordered it because I received an email stating it was out of stock and they will let me know when it comes back in stock.oh well.

RED NECK

Anything new for 2019 yet?Interested in trying a few "vests" types  to go with what I have.I am waiting on the primos gobbler 2 but it may be awhile before I get it,as It is out of stock.I see the h.s undertaker vest and am thinking of ordering it to test out.Any of you used the undertaker vest?I want another to setup and filled for this spring.

RED NECK

I did some looking around and see that knight n hale has the rng vests out in bottomland and they added a little cord to keep pot calls in on the rng 300.I never had any issues with them coming out but that is a great decision to add them.I am ordering a new rng 300 in the bottomland pattern and will be using it as well this spring.

Jrkimbrough

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on February 14, 2019, 07:13:03 AM
I did some looking around and see that knight n hale has the rng vests out in bottomland and they added a little cord to keep pot calls in on the rng 300.I never had any issues with them coming out but that is a great decision to add them.I am ordering a new rng 300 in the bottomland pattern and will be using it as well this spring.

They added those pot call clips, added a water bottle pouch to one side and they also changed the back padding up from the other vests.

quackaddict

I saw those same things. Want to order a new model, but I don't know if I'm willing to spend the money for another vest right now. Last year's worked fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

RED NECK

Quote from: Jrkimbrough on February 14, 2019, 11:27:13 AM
Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on February 14, 2019, 07:13:03 AM

They added those pot call clips, added a water bottle pouch to one side and they also changed the back padding up from the other vests.
I am trying to locate one that I can buy up here,I have been in contact with knight n hale and they are not setup to ship to me,I replied to them and hoping we can find a solution today as I am off and would like to buy it today,I think the rng 300 is awesome and with these upgrades It is even better....

davisd9

Finally got to see an Ol Tom Easy Rider in person and man I want one bad.  Do not need one as my Ibeam is in great shape, but it is a great, functional vest.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

RED NECK

Quote from: davisd9 on February 14, 2019, 03:47:19 PM
Finally got to see an Ol Tom Easy Rider in person and man I want one bad.  Do not need one as my Ibeam is in great shape, but it is a great, functional vest.
Tell me what you like about it?There is nowhere close to check them out.I assume the bass pro that is 4 hours away may have them,I am going for a trip up there in March or April have never been able to test a ol tom vest in person,I used to really want the double box call vest they made but never did find it up here.I want to try something different that I haven't yet,I already know I am buying the new rng 300,so I am looking for a different vest to test out this spring.

RED NECK

I can't seem to get the rng 300 in bottomland at this time up here.I am going to order the alps grand slam in bottomland this evening,I am not sure what size to get the standard or xl.I do not want it real baggy and I believe the standard is the size I need.What size are you guys running on the alps gs?

davisd9

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on February 14, 2019, 05:47:45 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on February 14, 2019, 03:47:19 PM
Tell me what you like about it?There is nowhere close to check them out.I assume the bass pro that is 4 hours away may have them,I am going for a trip up there in March or April have never been able to test a ol tom vest in person,I used to really want the double box call vest they made but never did find it up here.I want to try something different that I haven't yet,I already know I am buying the new rng 300,so I am looking for a different vest to test out this spring.

Simple, light, has plenty of space, and laid out well.

Here are some photos I took for a friend:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

RED NECK

I like the pattern.I may try and see if I can get that to try out.The weight of the alps gs is holding me back from clicking the purchase button,so far.

SD_smith

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on February 15, 2019, 01:20:38 PM
I like the pattern.I may try and see if I can get that to try out.The weight of the alps gs is holding me back from clicking the purchase button,so far.

I've got the XL Grand Slam. Been using it for going on 3 years. Without the frame it is extremely light. With the frame it is still lighter than carrying a chair. I don't use the frame much, but the couple times I have it's fine. It's not like you're carrying the little extra weight in your hand. It's spread over both shoulders and centered well. Without the frame the vest is amazing.

RED NECK

Quote from: SD_smith on February 15, 2019, 01:48:01 PM

I've got the XL Grand Slam. Been using it for going on 3 years. Without the frame it is extremely light. With the frame it is still lighter than carrying a chair. I don't use the frame much, but the couple times I have it's fine. It's not like you're carrying the little extra weight in your hand. It's spread over both shoulders and centered well. Without the frame the vest is amazing.
How big of a guy are you?I am 214 lbs and 6 ft right now,I don't want it Chris Farley tight  or blanket loose.

SD_smith

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on February 15, 2019, 07:41:07 PM
Quote from: SD_smith on February 15, 2019, 01:48:01 PM

How big of a guy are you?I am 214 lbs and 6 ft right now,I don't want it Chris Farley tight  or blanket loose.

5'11" and 225. Fits good. Not baggy or small.