OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

H&R 20

Started by chatterbox, August 20, 2020, 05:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

My parents gifted me with my first shotgun, an H&R 20 gauge.
It never shot true to bead, so this summer, I sent it to William at SumToy Customs for a barrel threading, .562 choke, and a drill, tap and FF base.
I bought an ATI tactical stock, painted my forearm to match, and put on a FFIII.
The result is the lightest gun I own!
I only pattered Winchester Longbeard #6 through her, but I got 167 in the 10 at a tape measured 30 yards. The pattern was perfect!
Here she is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rakkin6

Nice looking gun man, I have been debating on getting a 20 myself but I love my 835 hard to not take her hunting.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Chuck1443

Nice gun

chatterbox

I hear ya! I had an 835, but switched to a 20 due to the Federal Heviweight shells, and because my son shot a 20, I figured it was more economical to have the same shells to shoot.
Now he he still shoots the Federals, but I have switched to TSS in my 20's.

paboxcall

Nice one.

I have the original Bottomland H&R in 12 gauge, Sumtoy D/T that barrel for fiber optic sights because it wouldn't shot POA either. Light on carry weight but a beast on recoil, and recently dropped to the 20 as well with TSS.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

chatterbox

Quote from: paboxcall on August 20, 2020, 12:20:12 PM
Nice one.

I have the original Bottomland H&R in 12 gauge, Sumtoy D/T that barrel for fiber optic sights because it wouldn't shot POA either. Light on carry weight but a beast on recoil, and recently dropped to the 20 as well with TSS.
Yup! Even my little 20 will rock you with 3" magnum turkey rounds!
I might invest in a recoil pad before spring!

Greg Massey

Good looking build , congrats ..

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase