turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally added

Started by Sir-diealot, July 15, 2020, 02:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

The Tenth Legion to my collection as well as Around the Edges 2 That makes 3 from Tom Kelly, I also have "The Boat"

I have to finish reading Memories of Spring by Ron Jolly and Haunted by the Gobble by Ted Rize and then I will start on The Tenth Legion and continue on one on the turkey call history books I have been reading off and on as well.

IMG_1256 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

The Tenth Legion came with the typed and signed note with the feather, anybody able to tell what subspecies the feather came from? The book also came with a Tenth Legion bumper sticker.

IMG_1258 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_1259 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

HookedonHooks

Very nice. Tenth Legion is a fantastic read, and one I'm sure you won't read only once.

I just picked up Turkey Men, 1st and 2nd volumes, this last week and am really enjoying them so far.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: HookedonHooks on July 15, 2020, 02:51:44 PM
Very nice. Tenth Legion is a fantastic read, and one I'm sure you won't read only once.

I just picked up Turkey Men, 1st and 2nd volumes, this last week and am really enjoying them so far.
Who wrote those?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Tom007

Nice Steve, looks like some great reading......
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on July 15, 2020, 04:09:12 PM
Nice Steve, looks like some great reading......
Thanks. hoping so, I have heard a lot about The Tenth Legion over the last couple of years.

John Koenig:

Big Pine

I got the same copy in the mail yesterday. I can't wait to read it.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 15, 2020, 04:00:33 PM

Who wrote those?
Thomas Pero. The books read as an interview with the gentlemen that have completed the US Super Slam, there's little said by the author but he steers the conversations in the appropriate direction and keeps it entertaining to read, it's not just ramblings of the interviewee.

I can see how they wouldn't be for everyone, but for anyone that really enjoys travel turkey hunting, or truly is a turkey man to the core will certainly appreciate the books.

Jstocks

Tenth Legion is a must have. You will enjoy it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Big Pine on July 15, 2020, 04:57:43 PM
I got the same copy in the mail yesterday. I can't wait to read it.
Let me know what you think of it. It is not as large a book as I thought it was as far as number of pages go, but that is okay, so long as it is large in content :D

Quote from: HookedonHooks on July 15, 2020, 05:59:36 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 15, 2020, 04:00:33 PM

Who wrote those?
Thomas Pero. The books read as an interview with the gentlemen that have completed the US Super Slam, there's little said by the author but he steers the conversations in the appropriate direction and keeps it entertaining to read, it's not just ramblings of the interviewee.

I can see how they wouldn't be for everyone, but for anyone that really enjoys travel turkey hunting, or truly is a turkey man to the core will certainly appreciate the books.
Sounds interesting, I added them both to my list on Amazon, thanks.

Quote from: Jstocks on July 15, 2020, 07:50:14 PM
Tenth Legion is a must have. You will enjoy it.
Looking forward to reading it.

John Koenig:

Muzzy61

Nice add to your collection, congrats and enjoy.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Muzzy61 on July 16, 2020, 11:56:47 AM
Nice add to your collection, congrats and enjoy.
Thank you, I am sure I will from all I have heard about it.

John Koenig:

doublespurs21

do you know that there is  a box that goes with those books,, i think there are 7-8  different box calls that go with the same books by mr kelly.. the callmaker was herb mckee,,,,,,,,,,,,

doublespurs21

the book and box call together,,,,,,,,,

Sir-diealot

Quote from: doublespurs21 on July 16, 2020, 06:07:30 PM
do you know that there is  a box that goes with those books,, i think there are 7-8  different box calls that go with the same books by mr kelly.. the callmaker was herb mckee,,,,,,,,,,,,
I have both read that they exist and that they do not, saw a debate in a Facebook group where one gentleman stated that Tom Kelly stated that he never made a call and another man that if my memory suits me produced a call that stated that it was made by Tom Kelly in the paperwork. So to be honest I am not sure. I would not mind seeing one though.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: doublespurs21 on July 16, 2020, 06:16:13 PM

the book and box call together,,,,,,,,,
Well then I guess that shows which side was right. lol Nice call.

John Koenig: