OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ben Lee Gobble Box, Lucky find..

Started by Tom007, July 14, 2020, 10:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

I picked up this Ben Lee Gobble Box for 30 dollars. It is in real good shape. Looks a lot like an Old Lynch 102. The thing that amazes me is how good it sounds, it's all turkey. Does anyone have experience with these? It really sounds good to me. Be safe...
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

Looks to be in amazing condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Yea, that's what amazed me. I think it is from the 70's. Hopefully some of our members know more about these. I haven't seen many...thanks Chester...
"Solo hunter"

silverspur

I killed my first turkey with a Ben Lee gobble box that is signed and I still have it. Congrats on a great fine and a great call.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Tom007

Quote from: silverspur on September 02, 2020, 08:33:11 AM
I killed my first turkey with a Ben Lee gobble box that is signed and I still have it. Congrats on a great fine and a great call.

Thanks, it really does sound good. Will give it a whirl this spring. Be safe....
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

You picked up a nice, collectible piece at a good price.   Congrats on your pick up !!!    Go call some longboards with it.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on September 03, 2020, 09:19:42 PM
You picked up a nice, collectible piece at a good price.   Congrats on your pick up !!!    Go call some longboards with it.

Thanks so much, be safe my friend....
"Solo hunter"

ssettle

Good price I had 2 one went to my oldest boy it was his Paps. I thought it sounded bad but when he was at a distance, 70 yards or so that thing sounded amazing I didn't gobble with so I took the I hooks and rubber bands off before I gave it to him...The second one will go to my youngest boy...I hate to give it up I still use it from time to time.

Tom007

Quote from: ssettle on April 14, 2021, 02:45:49 PM
Good price I had 2 one went to my oldest boy it was his Paps. I thought it sounded bad but when he was at a distance, 70 yards or so that thing sounded amazing I didn't gobble with so I took the I hooks and rubber bands off before I gave it to him...The second one will go to my youngest boy...I hate to give it up I still use it from time to time.

Thx, best of luck to you this season
"Solo hunter"

Old Gobbler

Real cool find , from a amazing turkey hunter , and a call company pioneer,  I always respected Ben Lee

There is some really nice articles and YouTube videos talking about how Ben's turkey call business kept a good number of people employed in his local town , at one time I think he was the #3 turkey call producer in the country

They said he had a heart of gold , and a incredible amount of southern boy wit that made him the life of any gathering , its been a number of years since is passing and I was considering making a nice tribute post about Mr.Lee

If anyone has any old vhs tapes of him hunting I would love to see them one day

Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Tom007

Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 23, 2021, 08:34:38 PM
Real cool find , from a amazing turkey hunter , and a call company pioneer,  I always respected Ben Lee

There is some really nice articles and YouTube videos talking about how Ben's turkey call business kept a good number of people employed in his local town , at one time I think he was the #3 turkey call producer in the country

They said he had a heart of gold , and a incredible amount of southern boy wit that made him the life of any gathering , its been a number of years since is passing and I was considering making a nice tribute post about Mr.Lee

If anyone has any old vhs tapes of him hunting I would love to see them one day

Shannon

Thx Shannon. He was a real pioneer for all of us. His knowledge back in the day was second to none. Anytime I get a chance to get one of his calls, I will...
"Solo hunter"

reflexl

Very good pick up for a very good price. They sound pretty good using them like any other box. They gobble very well.

turkeyhunter60

I have 4 of his calls ,the gobble box, twin hen box call, 2 of his trough calls, with the aluminum, and slate, with the strikers. i bought them back in the 70s when i first started to turkey hunt,, they are signed by Ben Rogers Lee...Also had a instructional cassette tape, somewhere...Killed alot of turkeys with those calls, and still use them..The aluminum trough call has a cedar peg strike with a corn cob on the end of it..
BIG FRANK...

Sir-diealot

Neat old call. I had seen a Fred Bear turkey call I wanted but I did not have the money they were asking at the time. I went to the guy when I got the first stimulus check to try to buy it and he has sold it the week before, I was less than happy. Love anything to do with Fred Bear and you add turkey hunting and I am in love.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."